The Soulpranos Forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
Re: THE LEGENDARY FROGGY AT SOUL VILLAGE REUNION

Dave, I am quite surprised Fraser doesnt see it as a big deal? Especially as Froggy appearing was the only purpose of his posting. We all know DJs dont turn up sometimes but it does look a bit suspect when the DJ might never have been booked by the promoter, or because of your event as you say Froggy decided not to appear. I am not a founder member of the Froggy appreciation society but I feel a bit sorry for the man being used by your event to let someone else down. This is not dissent by the way, I am just voicing a valid opinion that I know is shared by others.

Dave, I am quite surprised Fraser doesnt see it as a big deal? Especially as Froggy appearing was the only purpose of his posting. We all know DJs dont turn up sometimes but it does look a bit suspect when the DJ might never have been booked by the promoter, or because of your event as you say Froggy decided not to appear. I am not a founder member of the Froggy appreciation society but I feel a bit sorry for the man being used by your event to let someone else down. This is not dissent by the way, I am just voicing a valid opinion that I know is shared by others.

Allo maaates!

Right-this is a true course of events of what happened re the Froggy fiasco.

I was originally booked to do the After Party at Herbal and contacted Dave Fraser to ask whether or not it would be ok for Froggy to come along and play with me. Dave had no objections and Froggy was right up for it. After the no show, I immediately contacted Froggy and aired my disappointment with him. I could not get Froggy to give me a straight answer as to why he did not turn up but, now that the course of events have taken a turn, I can clarify that Froggy was informed on the day of the event, that because it was a Herbal reunion, rumours were circulating that his Caister DJ spots would be in jeopardy. I must make it clear that this certainly did not come from Caister HQ or anyone directly linked with the event but, Froggy being Froggy, decided against playing without having the courtesy of letting me know or indeed the promoters of the Herbal event. Froggy has now asked me to apologise to everyone who was expecting to hear him play and realises that it was foolish of him to take notice of hearsay.

I hope this now clarifies the situation.

1 2