Return to Website

NG Owners Club Forum

Welcome to the NG Owners Club Forum.

This forum is intended for members of the NGOC, if you are not a member
please consider joining  it only costs £15 a year...

The views & comments expressed on this forum are the views and comments of the person that posted them. The NG owners club does not take any responsibility for any views or comments made on the forum. The NG owners club reserves the right to remove any posting from the forum.

NG Owners Club Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Battery NGTF

Hi I recently purchased an NGTF ,The battery however needs replacing and being narrower than most i have not been able (as yet)to get one off the shelf.Can anybody tell who supplies or where i can buy one.

Thanks in advance

Re: Battery NGTF

Hi Neil, Where are you based? Why not join the club? its only £15 per annum and I am sure there will be other owners locally to you that know good local suppliers. Don't forget the owners national rally next year which is a great weekend. Joining information and national rally infomation is on the website.

Regards

Paul

Re: Battery NGTF

You might try the "Battery Guys" web-site haven't used them myself but they do seem to have a lot of good reviews. As an alternative SC Parts of Crawley can get batteries specially made for MGBs but these are a tad expensive.

My TA has an under the bonnet mounted battery which is quite narrow; it is an off-the-shelf Halfords Battery (HB 015) 300 AMP/HR cold start rating, which maybe a little low; but this is the problem if space is tight.
The starting/general battery power is linked to the physical size of the "beast".

Good Luck