RM2 BOOKER T-FUNKIE P-CHRISSY T
AFTER PARTY HOSTED BY FROSTIE AND FROGGY

£5 ALL NIGHT FOR SOUL VILLAGE CARD HOLDERS
£6 BF 10.30PM-£8 AFTER-AND £10 AFTER 12.30PM

IT'S ALL ABOUT THE PEOPLE AND THE MUSIC AND f**k POLITICS

Re: THE LEGENDARY FROGGY AT SOUL VILLAGE REUNION

Where was Froggy then

For whatever reason he could not be there but I must say Frostie and Ash we excellent at the after party, well done to both.

I had a great time.

x

didnt matter anyway,it was a good nite.gordon mac and frostie were top class

what a good nite !! have grooved for so long,feet were burning !!

Happy Feet

In answer to your question,,I haven't got a clue maybe i'll be let into the secret myself.;

Yeah a few friends of mine went said they all had a good time they all looked bloody knackerd Sunday at henrys from dancing on Sat

Didn't turn up? Wow - what a surprise.

FRASER ITS OFF MATE I KNOW, BUT THAT WAS WHAT I WAS TOLD. MAYBE THERE IS MORE POLITICS BEHIND IT ALL I REALY DON'T KNOW, AT THE END OF THE DAY ITS NOTHING TOO DO WITH ME WHO PLAYS WHERE AS WE ARE NOT IN COMPITION WITH EACH OTHER MATE.

CAN I ASK A QUESTION.
DOES FROGGY EVER POST ANY COMMMENTS OR CONTRIBUTE TO ANY THREADS THAT HAVE BEEN POSTED ON THIS FORUM.
SILLY QUESTION BUT I JUST WONDERED, WOULD BE NICE.

I MENT HAD BY ALL . MUST KEEP OFF THE CRACK

cheers my son

onwards and upwards for all

So it was another Frostie CockUp then was it? Was this a Frostie gig, how come the promoter didnt book Froggy himself? Why would Rainham Dave not want Froggy to appear "out of respect". DO we know if Froggy was actually ever booked or was this just a con?

NIK NAME Gazza

By the way, is there going to be another Soul Village after the main room being cancelled twice? Will it go the same way as Soulville...The futures not bright, the futures cancelled?

I wasn't botherd I was just asking a few people was there a reason he didn't play , the night went off very well without Froggy which all that matters, DJ's do drop out or cant make the event at the last minute and this does affect sometimes re-printing flyers info ect which cant be done at short notice,but I can aslo see peoples point some punters might had travelled a long way travel expensives ect just to hear Froggy and were not aware he was not playing .
As always the lack of communication sees to be the problem at times,as I said the event was well recieved by friends who went
Not long now for your party Dave looking forward to it

I would still like to know why or if frostie booked Froggy and not the promoter and author of this thread! And also the real reason why Froggy did not appear.

See you all at Margate on the 19th for Hillys Free Roadshow

So in other words, we still dont know then?

Well said Richard

i thank you

Where U @: soulville hq

graham,why are you so bothered with all this?so a dj does not turn up,big deal,it does happen.it happens to every promoter at one time or another.i notice you put another posting under soulville,are you tying to add a bit of spice or hassle.promoting is hard enough without people like you coming on andspouting off about things youdon,t know about.yes it,s true we sometimes get it wronge,or people don,t turn up or djs don,t turn up or people like rianham dave have a rant.we are not perfect we don,t make loads of dosh but we do love this scene,and thats why kev said what he did.i,m sorry graham you are wronge on this one

I would like to know why the thread was called the Legendary Froggy if he was not booked to be there in the first place. This kind of thing does not do Froggy any favours and reflects badly on the organiser, Fraser, if in fact HE did not book Froggy. Why would he put up this thread if he had never booked Froggy in the first place, surely this is very unprofessional to say the least. It makes Froggy look bad when it appears in fact to be down to Fraser for not booking him, but still putting up this thread in an attept to get punters to go along to see Froggy. This is unprofessional at the very least. Nothing said previously by Richard or Rainham Dave can explain that.

simon, yes it does look that way ,but **** happens and it seems to me this has been blown way above what it deserves.In the 80s i booked caister jocks all the time,once jeff young did not show,we still had a fantastic night and only one person complained{his car had broken down}.So you see does it matter,every now and then you get a blip either by the promoter or the dj.Iwould say he was not put on the flyer to draw people in because fraser already has a popular night there.

Hi Richard. You are missing my point entirely. YOU, the promoter, booked Jeff Young, so you knew he had been booked! Fraser, who started this thread has already admitted he did not book Froggy, despite being the promoter and calling this thread the Legendary Froggy appearing at his event, the whole purpose of the thread was to sell Froggy appearing. Nor has he said who did book Froggy, nor has he bothered to find out from Froggy himself if he was booked by this imaginary person? The real point is not that s**t happens, it does and we all know that,no arguement it was a successful night, the point is that this looks bad on Froggy when it was, at best, bad promoting and at worst it appears to be something else! The promoter should have come on in the first instance and said what actually happened and who f**cked up if it was not down to Froggy.

I should ad that when asked, all the promoter did say was: In answer to your question,,I haven't got a clue maybe i'll be let into the secret myself.;

I rest my case! At the very least as the promoter he should have known. Why was it a secret? All he needed to do was pick up the phone! I am making this point in defence of Froggy until we know at least what the exact situation was.

I should ad that when asked, all the promoter did say was: In answer to your question,,I haven't got a clue maybe i'll be let into the secret myself.;

I rest my case! At the very least as the promoter he should have known. Why was it a secret? All he needed to do was pick up the phone! I am making this point in defence of Froggy until we know at least what the exact situation was.

thankyou,case well put.

dear simon could you please tell me where i can join the froggy fan club,because i think you need company and double the membership to 2 !!

Minky and MR Silly,here we go again,at least Fraser puts his name on here,you two are hiding behind stupid childish names a 4 year old might come up with.you have thr right to your opinions and fair comments you are making{right or wronge}.But please cut out the childish games ,no wonder fraser will not reply.

well said mr Harvey

I spoke too Froggy about this some time ago,he was booked too resident at the DITCH BAR (SOUL IN THE CITY)in shoreditch and said he didn't understand where Herbal was and would not play at another gig in london, as in his eyes it clashes with the DITCH BAR his words not mine.Calling Fraiser too say this would have been the thing too do, but thats Froggy bless him,he has no pc too reply and wouldn't any way knowing Froggy. I WOULD HAVE SPOKEN TOO FROGGY MYSELF IN FRAISERS SITUATION AS GOING THROUGH A THIRD PARTY ALWAYS ENDS UP GOING **** UP but Fraiser doesn't see it as a big deal i guess as after all djs not turning up is a regular thing lets face it.Its not a hanging offence is it.

So Rainham Dave has the answers? Are you saying then Dave that Fraser did NOT book Froggy? Were you the "third party" that booked Froggy?? Or are you saying Froggy was not booked at all by anyone??? Your post was not very clear was it? So you are also saying, if Froggy was booked (and you have still not said if he was or by who) he did not turn up because of you or your gig??? The plot thickens!

I thought the original post said "IT'S ALL ABOUT THE PEOPLE AND THE MUSIC AND f**k POLITICS" Seems to be a lot of politics here with your gig Dave

1 2