The Soulpranos Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
WHATS HOT IN THE BOX FOR CAISTER?

Whenever this time rolls around,the exciting thing is finding the new tunes(and some obscure oldies) to blast out at the comming weekend.Some years Gary,Tom and I get very frustrated when there are not too many hot ones,but this year looks pretty pretty pretty good.
Comming up.......
A blinding new ELIANE ELIAS version of a Bob Marley classic,Brazil meets jazz funk with a reggae twist!
A remix of NU-LIFES "Now that I found you" using the most obvious S.O.B sample ever and it still works.
AURA JACKSON-"WALK AFTER YOU" fANFASTIC!!!
A big suprise from Italys most hated samplers BLACK BOX!!!!!!! from a new Expansion Compilation.
Also from the land of pasta,FUNKY COMPANYs remake of an ARCHIE BELL anthem.
INCOGNITOs finest cover ever!!! The west coast classic "TIN MAN" ala bossa.
I also think the MANU DIBANGO/GRANDMASTER FLASH mash-up "A LITTLE SPACE ODYSSEY" will rip up the floor time and again.

and we've still got a couple more weeks of digging in the crates for those hidden gems.....and waiting for a flight from the U.S.

Re: WHATS HOT IN THE BOX FOR CAISTER?

WHATS WITH THIS COMMING AND NOT COMING?THE "M" MUST BE STICKING.

Thanks for posting Chris, might see you around, good luck!

Can we get some picks from other Caister DJs too?

Yep Chris Black Box's Fall Into My Love is so great and has had a big revisit this past year up & down the country in the Modern rooms ..nice suprize for those not aware of it ..dreamy mid-paced floater with beautiful harmonies originally from their Positive Vibration album 1995 on Clubstitute Records.
Glad it's going to be included on the forthcoming Soul Togetherness 2006 comp ..ESSENTIAL

Yeah,I think ELIANE ELIAS-"JAMMIN'" could be the biggie this year

Bags packed tickets recieved,this time next week on the A12........cant wait.......just as excited as Oct 79 when I attended my first one.

See you there.

Where U @: Crawley

NIK NAME The Stacker

Some late additions;
THE JAMES TAYLOR QUARTET-"ITS ALL OVER" Sounds like the track Roy Ayers forgot to make!

LEO MENDEZ GROUP-"I FEEL LOVE"

JOHN LEGEND-"SAVE ROOM" wow!!he just gets better & better ,though this really is a re-write of THE SUPREMES'"STORMY"

THE BLACK BOX,FUNKY COMPANY & AURA JACKSON will all be on the next SOULTOGETHERNESS 2007 compilation.

I do find it bizzare that some people claim they never go into the main room because of the music.The music in the main room presented by Gary,Tom,Hilly,Brownie and others is the most varied and entertaining selection you can hear anywhere and is the very essence of a great Soul weekend.At every Caister I leave with a list of new tunes to search out and try to find.
This one already sounds brilliant and were not even there yet.

and all the rest will be revealed in a few hours time,have a safe journey up,be it by M11,A11,A12 or any combination of the two.

Blimey Chris, you're keen posting at 5.51am. Don't tell me you only just finished sorting out your tunes

Where U @: www.starpointradio.com