The Soulpranos Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
MOBO AWARDS

Nice to see Corrine Bailey Rae doing well at the MOBO (Music Of Black Origin) awards.
Pitty about Nate James though, losing out on Best UK Male......

Re: MOBO AWARDS

What a load of rubbish this was!Bad presenters and too slow and not enough of the winners picking up their awards.

Where U @: soulville hq

Well, what a load of TOSH!!!! When the MOBOs started they kinda had some respect. ( for 5 mins) Robert Elms hit the nail on the head."How can you have a music of black origin award's and drop BEST JAZZ ACT" if any music has it's music in BLACK ORIGIN it's Jazz...no sorry, correction, Jazz started black music...FULL STOP!!!! WHAT A CROCK OF ****E.. MOBO what does that mean anyway, 90% of the music around had it's origins in Black music.Have you seen some of the people up for award's..THE ***** CAT DOLLS & THE STREETS...(for fook sake) Now don't get me wrong, I think The Streets is a MASTER at what he does but, MOBO never, more of a modern day Ian Dury I would say.The same old Djs getting the same old votes every year (R&B BASED) What about the likes of CHRIS HILL,TERRY JONES, BOB JONES, BIGGER, and many many more.The people you thought of these award's found a gap in the market and took it and, now it is COMMERCIAL TRIPE..in it just for the BIG BUCK..Please note, this is only my personal view and not the view of the BBC!!!!!!!!

Where U @: THE LOFT

Mobo supposed to be about all black music all it represents is R&B for all the kiddies complete waste of time