AMBROSE BIERCE SITE COMMUNICATION BOARD

go to: THE AMBROSE BIERCE SITE MAIN PAGE

AMBROSE BIERCE SITE COMMUNICATION BOARD
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Ambrose Bierce Elkhart,IN. Home

Did you see my page on Bierce's homes in Indiana, with photos of the family's Elkhart house before and after restoration? Scroll to "Home Again in Indiana" on the main page of The Ambrose Bierce Site -- or go directly to Home Again in Indiana.

Thanks for the responce. I have seen these pics before and I do plan on restoring it to the same look. I'm really trying to find pictures of the Interior of the house. I think that's going to be my biggest task because of the 2007 fire. I did a walk through of the home and the first floors in pretty bad shape. I'll keep searching but Thank you very much for the responce.

Please understand, before anyone rushes out to put up historical markers in front of the house, that Ambrose Bierce never lived there. His parents did and he was most likely a visitor, but it was never his home.

WOW, IT'S FUNNY YOU SHOULD SAY THAT. THE CITY OF ELKHART HAS HAD A HISTORICAL MARKER IN FRONT OF THIS HOME FOR QUITE SOME TIME NOW. SINCE 1994 TO BE EXACT.IT'S IN FRONT OF THE HOME AS WE SPEAK.