go to: THE AMBROSE BIERCE SITE MAIN PAGE

Forum: AMBROSE BIERCE SITE COMMUNICATION BOARD
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Death of Father James Lienert

My name is Edward Hennessey and I am--as I will always remain--a friend of Padre Jaime.

Esmeralda, Sierra Mojada and Quimica are among the many towns untouched by my footfall yet known to me, located in my heart as well as in Mexico, all because of the letters and words a certain man kindly shared both as their priest and their foremost advocate. The warm praise and emotion Padre Jaime's parish has evidenced in this time of grief and loss commands complete acknowledgement and respect. And that admirable outpouring is nothing less than anyone who heard the rich stories which converted many of us to distant admirers would ever expect of such a people.

According to the final wishes confided to his family, Padre Jaime will be interred next to the parents he loved in California. But we all agree on which side of the line his spirit will be. And California envies Coahuila in that eternal arrangement.

Persons wishing to express sympathies to the good father's family may contact his sister Geraldine electronically (grmottino@gmail.com ) or by telephone (706-775-0073, with the mention aside that the Sun gets up two hours earlier here than it does in Sierra Mojada.

Please understand that those in Coahuila unable to personally attend Padre Jaime's funeral will still have a personal representative present if that is an offer of service to any. Yo estoy a sus ordenes.

Por Padre Jaime!

Saludos,

Edward Hennessey

Email  
Re: Death of Father James Lienert - by Sylvia Wister - Jan 10, 2010 8:16am
Re: Death of Father James Lienert - by Socorro Gonzalez - Jan 10, 2010 11:37am
Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Web Calendars   Free Blogs   Free Guestbooks   Free Web Hosting 
powered by Powered by Bravenet bravenet.com