go to: THE AMBROSE BIERCE SITE MAIN PAGE

AMBROSE BIERCE SITE COMMUNICATION BOARD
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: expedition to Chihuahua

Don Swaim
Sorry, Edgar, for the delay in responding. Personally, I doubt any Hearst conspiracy in Bierce's disappearance. Hearst was preoccupied with his fantasy of being elected president and Bierce was a mere annoying fly buzzing at the window. A National Geographic expedition to find Bierce's remains somewhere in arid Mexico? Would be pure folly -- and more expensive than sending a landing party to Mars. I like your idea, however. Might be a great short story for the Ambrose Bierce Site -- which you are designated to write!

I also apologize for the annoying and intrusive ads on this message board. It's the price for a free board.

I'm not sure I know what "pure folly" is but I'll take the word of the man his own self: Folly, n.
That "gift and faculty divine" whose creative and controlling energy inspires Man's mind, guides his actions and adorns his life.

Besides being a bit of a history buff myself, I'm fluent in Espanol, can read a map and compass, not to mention a GPS device, and am trained in desert survival. Mounting anything like an expedition to Mars would invite every kidnapper in the state of Chihuahua.