go to: THE AMBROSE BIERCE SITE MAIN PAGE

Forum: AMBROSE BIERCE SITE COMMUNICATION BOARD
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
Membership

To whomever this may concern;

I am interested in finding out more about your association.

I am a fan of Ambrose Bierce, particularly of his Devil's Dictionary. It has given me a lot of delight on many occasion and I have been an avid reader of his for many years. I recently visited his one-time home in St. Helena, California. Because of him I began to write aphorisms in his style during down periods of my freelance graphic design business. This went on for a period of years and when they reached about 1,000, I collected them all and put them in a website.

No, I don't consider myself a writer with professional pretensions but I suspect that writing aphorisms is something that you have a knack for or you don't. I don't believe it can be taught. Some of my friends and former colleagues, some of whom are writers, think they are pretty good. If you have any interest at all in reading some of them yourself, I would be happy to share them with you or anyone else you might think would be interested. You can go to the website at:

http://bookofslanders.com

If you don't want to explore the whole site, just go to "Slander samples" under the heading. If you have no interest then please have a great holiday season and a happy new year. Hope to hear from you soon.

—Jiro Tomiyama
Los Angeles, California

Email  
Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Free Blogs   Free Guestbooks   Free Web Hosting   Cheap Domains