18u Message Board

Welcome to our message board. If you need help,or just want to talk to someone you can leave a message here, but please don't give out any personal details (home addresses,telephone numbers).

We will respect your confidentiality unless we we are told about a serious crime or any child at risk Then we might have to talk to someone about it to get help.

18u Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
day 7 in the states

today was the most boring day ever!!

this meeting had many of the top prevention people in the world so as you might expect they talked about a lot of useless old prattle.

il give you the manuscript it was something like - bla bla bla, raise prevention on agenda, bla bla devolopment agency bla raise prevention on agenda bla bla bla bla coffee break welcome back we have to raise prevention on the agenda bla BLA BLA BLA!!!

there was a few things of interest that im gonna discuss with the promo crew to see if its something we want to take forward but mostly it was yet another bigwig excercise in fruitillity.

the networking on the other hand was quite good but again im not sure it will really be of use to us. maybe in a couple of years (just maybe) their planning will mean something.

still it was well worth the journey as we are a major player and we have to know what other agencies are up to and i did learn a lot from individuals input, hopefully tomoro is even better for this!

of course there is my obligitory "keiran trouble" to report! im really tired so will be brief on it (il mention first that the meeting really was good im just tired and cynical right now) anyway to the keiran trouble.

there was one woman at dinner that would not stop touching me! and is calling her daughter in new york tonight to arrange me staying there on friday (not likely!) but she would not take a NO! IM TELLING!! lol.

what else? o ye there was also a drunk canadian that spat everywhere as he talked! at the dinner table!! YUK!!!! he was a top bloke though apart from that, and finally (i did say id be brief) several people think i should give a talk tomoro on service user involvement! we will see if i get the chance that will be great (although im nervous about it) as these people really do know nothing and im the biggest supporter of the way that we run with shadow etc.

sorry to be so short today i really am tired (12 hour meeting) and have to be up in a few hours for part 2!

so im off t bed, grrrnight all!!!

Keiran

PS i am notoriously impatient with big fancy meetings that stroke peoples egos, if someone with more patience and something (cant think of right word, did i mention im tired? lol) was there (ie laurie, laura, etc) they would probably tell you it was amazing (well maybe not amazing!) anyway the point im trying to make is, its important we were there and it was well worth while but being such a blunt get the job done hands dirty type of man i always moan a lot about any meeting like the one today, even when they are really good and worthwhile.

K

Re: day 7 in the states

Wat a great big whinge!! And what u on about?? I thought cool people never got tired??!! lol i dont envy sitting in a 12 hour meeting though so well done for that and im sure it was very worthwhile, apart from all the bla bla bla nonsense. As for back home? Well not much happening to be honest. Everyone is pranging out about 2moro - its honestly like there's away to be a renactment of the day after 2moro!! lol i dont even think it's gonna snow but i may be proved wrong - first time for everything i suppose. And then me and jerri had a trip out in the afternoon (will explain all later) but it really was awful and a complete waste of time. well maybe not a complete waste -i'll explain later! lol laurie told us to go sledging 2moro but jerri and my search for a sledge has proven to be fruitless so looks like it'll be another day in :( i want to go to work. that sean batty weather dude is on the tele just now saying it's gonna snow all nite and all day 2moro but i don't think he has a clue what he's talking about. oh and i have vip set up in two high schools now - don't think ur gonna have a job to come back to! lol good luck with part 2 and i shall speak to u soon!

P.S just had a thought, what if ur plane cant get back cos of all the snow!! Ha ha x

lol dont say that!! id die.

i bet all the snow is gone when i get home :(

what were you and jezza up to?? explain!!

Kx

Well if i aint allowed to find out what ur tattoo is then i aint telling u what me and jerri were up to! So there, ha! How did u get on today? x

lol it appears we are at an impasse!

today was ok i guess i did tell off the whole room lol but will explain that in my report a bit later on!

i wanna no what your tattoo is! its doing my head in! haha:L xx

i know what it is katy

I know now anyway jerri so there! x

omg do you really? how?

cos kieran told me so na na na na! x

well i still knew 1st so na na na na na