18u Message Board

Welcome to our message board. If you need help,or just want to talk to someone you can leave a message here, but please don't give out any personal details (home addresses,telephone numbers).

We will respect your confidentiality unless we we are told about a serious crime or any child at risk Then we might have to talk to someone about it to get help.

18u Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
day 10 in the states

OMG its almost time to come home! I CANT WAIT! let me list my top 5 things i miss 1 being the most 5 the least (but still a lot)

1-my car, i can imagine it now! i get in, turn the key, give the engine just a little rev to hear her purr!
stick her in first, pop the clutch, and hit the road in a cloud of tire smoke!

2-my woofy friend ravn (hes the dog that lives with me)
when i see him i know hes gonna go mad and jump all over me and we will roll all over the floor like crazy upside down turtles in an ice rink after 20 red bulls!

3-my work! im really keen to get back in and find out what iv been missing! catch up on all the goss, moan about things, and be mean to sandra and sean cause they smell like a curry fart!! lol

4-my family (had to add them) they are all mental and at times we have a fractious relationship but being away for this long has made me realise how much i rely on them (it hasnt really but i had you all going there! didnt i? lol you know it!)

5-my friends, sometimes its nice to just speak nonsense with people that understand what your talking about! (or say they do lol)

i also really really miss just being in scotland. i feel like an outsider here and whilst that is kind of nice in a strange way i like to understand the world around me, i dont understand this country, i understand my own.

anyway sorry to bore you all but iv hardly spoken to anyone in ten days! lol to my update-

this morning i had the meeting at anacostia high school, all was going well i was on 16th street bang on time only to discover i was on the wrong 16th! (the address system here is weird, good! but weird)

a quick to my herione laura later and i had directions and was ok'd to be late, the only problem was it was a long way away and i still couldn find it! i drove for ages trying to follow my map, then in a rare moment of rage ripped it up scrunched it up and threw it away somewhere in the car lol! so i decided to trust the fates instead (youd be surprised how often this works for me) and just drove in the direction i felt like driving in.

finally i saw a transport worker guy and stopped to ask him directions, he was giving me them then said "you know what im actually going near by give me a ride and il be able to guide you" i of course agreed to this and got underway.

on the journey we were talking and it turns out this guy is actually in the process of starting up a charity here in DC and is interested in what we do! he also has plans to meet with various education people here and is going to check out our websites and recomend us, sweet!

we got to where he was going and he gave me directions for the rest of the trip, but then he said "listen, will you do yourself a favour? dont stop for nobody around here" so i said "ya what?" and he said "seriously man, dont stop your car, dont whatever you do get out, and if you have to ask someone for directions just open your window up a little crack and if you see the guys hand disapear, drive." "is this a rough area then?" i said, to which he laughed and replied "man, take a look around you" i did. i saw groups of young african americans sitting around outside shops and houses drinking, i saw a couple of broken old houses one of which was half burned down, a burnt out car, and loads of young single mothers shouting at each other. "like i said, dont stop for nobody man! where you picked me up was a rough area!" he laughed.

so with this pep talk i headed for the school and i have to admit it was scary, even the school was bad! loads of teens with attitude, 99.9 percent african american, security check in point, a constant police presence, the list goes on.

but none of these triffling matters were going to stop a VIP warrior like me! i wont bore you all with the meeting itself, enough to say that i delivered the presentation 3 times to different people but the end results are highly encouraging (in brief, interested in running the program, willing to recommend us to higher education officials, etc) so a success!! i. rock.

before i move on id just like to say that i am not discriminating against african americans, but american society tends to push many of these young people into a life of drugs and crime by putting them in rough areas with little prospect for improving their lives, a bit like kirkton people! ha ha no im playing kirkton people are ok too lol.

now the only other thing of interest today is that i fired an UZI! (a sub machine gun) and a glock 40 pistol, thats right folks! i found myself a shooting range and tried out american life lol! i really enjoyed it and i actually did quite well too! i have the proof.

am off to bed now as i have a big day tomoro (traveling and a day in paris) so im offskies mateys! i will post one more update when i get home which will have a million typos because i will be nackered lol!

later

Keiran

Re: day 10 in the states

well keiran, what can i say? i'm extemely jealous of you and very proud as well, (i know that sounds a bit silly, but i am) you just constantly seem to have been networking and shouting what we do from the rooftops. also you stuck up for survivors and service users, and like katy said, it couldn't of been easy and i think only you could make such a impact on those around them. if you get asked to run for president while your there, you better say no and come back to us. maybe we should get laurie to write up a contact so no-one else can steal you. lol. as for being jealous, i am! very! lol. i know you've been working loads, but you've managed to see so much while your their and see a different way of life. it must be amazing. also, i think ever since i watched sabrina the teenage witch as a kid, i've always wanted to see an american high school lol.
cant wait till your back either, not only to take your dog back but its a good laugh with you and we've started painting the top offices and i think we should paint katy's head? oh and also cause i want my present and cant wait for everyone to see your tattoo!
see you soon bro

p.s. 3 PACKETS OF BUTTER NOW!!!!

ha ha jerri! where do you keep that butter!?! put it in the fridge!!

lol ye its been a journey alright, people here arestrange! and im grateful i had the chance to be here and get myself into all these bad situations then come out smiling lol! bad situations such as the car crash iv just been in!

not my fault a guy drove into the back of me at a red light lol! all sorted now and i actually got out the car laughing! (not my car!) lol.

anyhoo must get back to packing, im attempting to bring some er, suspicious things back with me so everyone wish me luck at customs!! ha ha

K-dog x

i leave the butter in the fridge, finlay forgets to put it back in. i'm about £4 a pack of butter each time too! thats not the point anyway, your dog shouldn't jump up and take it off the counter.
good luck with customs

Where is the mention of my name in the 5 things u missed most???? i am well more important than that red thing u call a car!! lol i dont think anyone can say ur trip wasnt eventful anyway! if im bein honest im more gutted ur getting to go to paris cos i loved it but the school sounds pretty cool as well. and u had a crash! bearing in mind that we preach vip was it really the greatest idea to pick up some random dude in america?! and i don't appreciate being called a big drip :( ul need to come in when u get back to so us ur tattoo/pictures and give us all the goss. c u soon bud! x