18u Message Board

Welcome to our message board. If you need help,or just want to talk to someone you can leave a message here, but please don't give out any personal details (home addresses,telephone numbers).

We will respect your confidentiality unless we we are told about a serious crime or any child at risk Then we might have to talk to someone about it to get help.

18u Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Just a thought...cheese!

This is a relly random post - but im constantly confronted with the fear of 'change'....i do it anyway - and push forward, but its a scary prospect huh? An adventure perhaps, but new year, new jobs, new course new home, new relationship blah blah blah - i expect im not the only one being faced with change just now. So i thought id share something with you guys....
Being wise like you are - you've probably heard of it before or dont need help with change - but if not ....and you've some free time/ or are bored! - Read the really short little story..." Who moved my cheese" You'll find it on the internet or in the library/ amazon etc. etc...

I had to go to a church service at the weekend to talk about charity stuff - and someone read it there....truly enlightening but simple and a little amusing even.

Yes it talks about cheese - but not as we know it.
Anyway, just a thought - and i saw no one had posted on here in a few days, had nothing to read so thought id better say something myself!
Dont laugh please! ", xxx

Re: Just a thought...cheese!

Hi laura hope ur doing ok apart from ur dilemma about cheese sorry change! lol on a serious note i think it's a really good point. Change is sometimes scary, mainly because you don't know what's going to happen, it might not be the right decision, you might be worse off etc etc. I think change is something you have to go with, if of course it is your decision. If things dont work out the way you planned then at least it was your mistake to make and no one elses. And hey everyone makes mistakes and if we didnt we wouldn't have much to learn from. I think change is also quite exciting sometimes too. It wouldn't do for everyone to go through their lifes with everyone and everything staying exactly the same. So i say you only live once and as someone once said to me you can't be a 100% sure that things will work out but you can be a 100% sure you want to try. Maybe try thinking about it in terms of what do you have to lose? Sometimes that helps to work things out. Hope i've been of some help. I've put in a quote i think is pretty cool as well. Can't remember who its by though. I'll try and check out your cheese story as well! lol take care.

"Change has a considerable psychological impact on the human mind. To the fearful it is threatening because it means that things may get worse. To the hopeful it is encouraging because things may get better. To the confident it is inspiring because the challenge exists to make things better."