18u Message Board

Welcome to our message board. If you need help,or just want to talk to someone you can leave a message here, but please don't give out any personal details (home addresses,telephone numbers).

We will respect your confidentiality unless we we are told about a serious crime or any child at risk Then we might have to talk to someone about it to get help.

18u Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Poem

Shutting off emotions
Can’t let myself feel
How can this not be a dream
When it all feels surreal

Keeping to the shadows
And pretending I’m not here
Trying not to make a sound
But crying out in fear

Striving for perfection
When everything is wrong
Avoiding those who know you
As you try to get along

Wishing that you hadn’t
Ever tried to break away
As you have to face your demons
And they’re always in your way

Feeling like your past
Determines who you are today
As people only see you
In a condescending way

Knowing that you’ll never
Simply be one of the crowd
You’re integrity is doubted
As you live under this shroud

Labeled by society
You’re unequal from the start
As everybody wonders
Why you start to fall apart

Re: Poem

hi someone.
thanks for sharing this poem.
its a hard one and i'm not really sure what to say to it. one thing i think though is that your past doesn't determine who you are today, you and your actions do.
and please dont stick to the shadows, step out in the light and shout at your demons and push them out of the way.
jerri

Re: Poem

i think your poem is very good and it says so much about how you are feeling. but i also think you should talk to someone about what is happening in your life.
this is your life and you deserve to have a good life full of happiness. you might need to fight for it though.
things might be hard and yes, there are many who face inequality and terrible hardship but you have to fight through this and win.
Don't keep to the shadows, don't stay silent, dont avoid people. accept that you are here and demand better.
i am here to listen. so are others. we can help you fix the wrong things. talk about it?