18u Message Board

Welcome to our message board. If you need help,or just want to talk to someone you can leave a message here, but please don't give out any personal details (home addresses,telephone numbers).

We will respect your confidentiality unless we we are told about a serious crime or any child at risk Then we might have to talk to someone about it to get help.

18u Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Laura phobia of clowns!

Its very true - im not the only one...always get in trouble for using wikipedia at uni - but hey, when you need something quick - you can always rely on the old faithfull! ...so yes...

Coulrophobia is an abnormal or exaggerated fear of clowns. The term is common. It is common among children, but is also sometimes found in teenagers and adults as well. Sufferers sometimes acquire a fear of clowns after having a bad experience with one personally, or seeing a sinister portrayal of one in the media.

Anyone else got any weird and wonderful phobias?

Re: Laura phobia of clowns!

im scared of wet wooden spoons thats no joke! (L)they have to bet wet though lol xx

btw ^^ i class that as one

is it because the wood appeasrs all soggy and rotten when it is damp/wet? Strange one...but ive a fear of public loo's too! I think its due to my study of microbiology at uni though - so many germs flying around! Lol - none of the harmful mind you!

Laura you have way way way too much time on your hands! And wet wooden spoons??? I wonder what the term is for that lol i just have your bog standard claustrophobia but i also cant sit in a room with my back to a door which is a particular mission in the centre seeing as most of the offices have a door at either side! And a fear of jerris thumbs taking over the world lmao x

i know i know katy - think i need help? Actually ...dont answer that! Real reason is im studying...or not!...studying dermatology at uni just now - pretty intense ( or should be ) but its Monday! Also - sat in clinics this morning - the doctor decided to announce that today was the 'most depressing day of the year' is that true? Ah well - almost over now and we've survived!
Oh...and i have that fear of sitting with my back to doors too! But thats because peeps take advantage of the fact im easily startled! And jump out on me! ", xxx

i have the door one aswell cant sleep next to them either - but i think thats more cause one fell on top of me when i was 6 lol think ive been scared of them since :P

yeah i think the wet wooden spoon thing is weird like :P

i have loadss! haha xx

LMAO! NB im so gonna chase you with a wet wooden spoon that is ace!

my phobia is equipment failure (not THAT kind!)
this usually takes the form of balconys, i.e. im really scared of standing on them in case they fall, and lifts in case the cable snaps, planes in case the wings fall off etc etc, basically any situation where your life is literally reliant on one bolt or screw holding you up!

i think its because im quite mechanically minded and tend to understand how things work, i dont let it stop me doing things though but balconys are the worst so i do avoid them!

omg you cant do that k-dog :O you love me to much! nahhh dont lol :P

if you do ill lock you on a Balcony :P

xx

ha ha you wouldnt get me on it in the first place mate! i am too MIGHTY!

We could all club together and get K-dog on the balcony! Or perhaps, we could all have a big party to overcome our phobias....we'd invite...
1) clowns! to cure my fear!
2) get katy to sit in front of the door.
3) make lots of yummy food and never believe wash the wooden spoons!
4) All sit on the balcony to aid K-dog!

I've probs missed something, but those were the phobias that sprung to mind peeps! x

haha what an idiea :p xxx

laura you did miss one, but dont know how your going to face this one...katy's fear of my thumbs taking over the world.
only way i can think to face that fear is by chopping off my thumbs so i dont think we should do that lol

I've not covered amputations yet Jerri - but when i do - you could be a medical students guinea pig??? xxx

ha ha laura i would pay you to do that! lol

thats just cruel! ", Whats so wrong with Jerri's thumbs? Sorry Jerri - i was just kidding ",

An easier question would be what's right with jerri's thumbs!lol

katy has been bullying me saying that their big. but they aren't, she's just trying to wind me up, much to the great amusement of joseph

I'll be wearing gloves the next time i see yo Katy ", - thats when i finally get my backside in gear - and get in to say hello to all of you!
xxx