18u Message Board

Welcome to our message board. If you need help,or just want to talk to someone you can leave a message here, but please don't give out any personal details (home addresses,telephone numbers).

We will respect your confidentiality unless we we are told about a serious crime or any child at risk Then we might have to talk to someone about it to get help.

18u Message Board
This Forum is Locked
1 2
Author
Comment
I HAVE LEARNED...

Ok K - dog this one's for you...I appear to have broken the rules of the last game so....

How about we impart some of the 'lessons we have learned' silly, or serious - on to eachother. I know its stupid, but i couldnt think of any 'games' as such!

I'll start with a silly, but wise one....

I HAVE LEARNED to always wear a hat when feeding bird, especially seagulls!

Re: I HAVE LEARNED...

ok sounds good to me!

I HAVE LEARNED to never give myself to another fully, when you fall in love, no matter how deeply, you should keep a little bit of yourself to yourself, that way you wont be so lost if you lose them. i call it - heart insurance.

iv also learned that if its raining and you hold someones hand then touch an electric fence it hurts a lot more then if its not raining and you dont hold someones hand lol

i have learned not to let someone in so much that they are everything cos when they leave you have nothing - K-dog told me that ha!

Also learned not to look at what shoes i put on (yesterday i went out with odd ones like a weridooo:O) ha!!

xx

i meant to say* also learned to look at what shoes i put on cos ....

i have learned to always listen to everyone who has an opinion before making an important decision. then to decide for myself.

I have learned that although it is important to rely on yourself that it can also be ok to trust people. I used to find it impossible to do and i still find it hard but it would be a pretty lonely life if you couldn't trust anyone. The important people will stick around, i suppose it's just a case of working out who the important people are. So i suppose i've also learned that nothing is impossible no matter how hard it seems.

I've also learned that its ok to admit defeat. Whether this is asking for help or giving in after two weeks of sheer agony - for those who don't know and there won't be many as i have gone on about nothing else i have seriously hurt my leg! I realised as i was trying to walk through dundee last night which is pretty impossible when you can't bend your knee and almost in tears that i should really just go to the doctors! lol

I have learned, and continue to learn - that if im working towards something that really does matter - i'll give it all I've got.

Basically, i've learned that i'll only get out of life what im willing to put into it! Cliched i know - but true!

i have learned that love is never like it is in the movies.

i have also learned that if your walking up a hill, and someone puts a hand on your lower back on the spine, for some reason it makes walking up the hill a hell of alot easier.

lol i was thinking bout another thing that i learned, it happened over time though as oppose to a revelation

I HAVE LEARNED to keep Ravn (my dog) at arms lentgh in the morning, cause when i start to wake up he instantly jumps on the bed and starts pawing me in the face! lol the wee pest has got me a few crackers, including this morning so all day iv looked like i tried to headbutt a cat

i learned that the world is not fair...again! why do i have to learn this so many times over? it's because i have learned that i believe in fairness.. but other people don't. silly me!

fair only applies to those with power i think

That when one thing goes wrong the whole world seems to be against you.

I've leared, recently too! that some people in life jsut aren't worth the effort. Now that doesnt go for everyone...but you can try and try and try to be nice to someone - and it just never seems to please them.

Also - a friend told me tonight -
people that matter 'dont mind' and those that 'do mind' dont matter - applying to a situation where im really worried about what people will think of me! ",

lol i quite like that. ^

i came across this rather wise saying whilst looking up a quote -

"One hell on earth is almost inexpungible: The fury of a female who finds herself fungible."

Laura

I would say to you dont mind what other people think of you, because they do not have to live with the things you decide.

Be happy and pop in and see us soon for a coffee!

x x x

I have learned....or 'realised' that i miss you Sandra...and all at 18 and u.

I have learned...that i really must 'learn' more...about cars! - and the mechanics!
I really think the mechanic who rescued me in the snow today took me for a complete idiot - and im afraid he was probably right!

ha ha you got stuck!

i learned last night that i should stop being so impulsive/reckless! (with crazy schemes that cost money lol)

in fact i found this on line which describes me to a tee

http://aol.russellgrant.com/channels/horoscopes_astrology/signguide_results.php?sign=ARI&type=MAN

(start of second paragraph in particular)but other then the sport bit i spent ages looking at this and it was proppa accurate! try yours and let me know if its good

Heres me thinking id find something really meaningful there.....mine was rubbish - well perhaps something true in it - but i didnt like it!

1) you can trust me with a secret.
2) dont make very good mothers.
3) gossip merchant.
4) vey popular?

What kind of gemmini woman am i then?

Haha, ive learned not to believe everything you read! xxx

Im learning alot just now!

Learning, that no matter where you go - you're bound to encounter a bully!
Im yet to find somewhere without one of these 'serial bullies' you find in almost every organisation - including medicine!!!! arrghh...they are so good at worming/permeating like cancer...

hey cheeky monkey theres no bullies in the centre!

other than me obv, but if you mention that i will totally bully you lol

hey K -dog - did you not read that...i said 'almost' all organisations...and that means 18u isn't one! Please dont bully me! ",
haha, take care bud! x

you also said your yet to find a place without one of these serial bullies!

although to be honest if tony tigers coco pops gang scares you . . . lol

Kx

Ok, my apologies...for K-dog's sake - there are no bullies at 18u!

i have learned thats its sometimes well alot of the time really hard to keep saying no but sometimes you just have to stand your ground if you know its for the best x

Hi

Have learned not to judge anyone without trying to really understand where they are coming from - because things are quite often not as they seem on the surface.

Also learned this week that not only does falling head first into a bunket hurt, but it's absolutely no fun at all unless people see it happen, laugh a lot but flock around in sympathy. When they don't even notice you're just a sad case with a mouthfull of sand!

Nb - learning to say no and then keeping saying nop is probably the hardest thing we ever learn to do, but it does change your life dramatically for the better. We all have a right to choose our destiny.
Ail

o hey i forgot about this one! er let me think what else have i learned ?

iv learned that the more trust/faith you show in someone the more likely they are to live up to that, and the less you show the less they will care about whether you trust them or not and so will more likely lie/let you down.

of course some people will always be honest or dishonest regardless but generally speaking iv found the above to be true

I've learned that i seem to be condemned to a life full of bad luck! But with that I've learned (the control freak that i am) that i can't control everything and that sometimes life throws things at you that there is very little you can do about.

I've learned to stop waiting. I'm not sure what i'm waiting on, but i've learned to stop.

I have learned to forgive. Not to say its ok, nor to say I'll forget. But to release the past and move into the future.

But forgiveness is an ongoing process - I'll be forgiving all of my days I think!

I miss you guys x

I've learnt that it's time to make some changes. I've also learnt that i have a real issue with people being fake or any sort of fake relationship. I've not learnt why yet though lol

we all miss you too laura, though im not sure who you are iv been assured that i do know you lol

i have learned, to finger pick my guitar!

i tried years ago to learn and got no where, now iv been playing about 7 months and am rocking, so stick at something and practice like mad and you CAN do it! unless you cant? well i can anyway lol

I might say that this is more like "I'm trying to learn" rather than "I have learned..." because I don't claim to have really internalized it yet.

So, I'm trying to learn that apologising/reconciling with someone is not about being "right" or "wrong" but about valuing the relationship more than my own ego.

I have just come back from Rwanda and the message of forgiveness and reconcilliation is so powerful there. Im learning just as you are Steph, that its an ongoing process and isn't about saying who's right or wrong - its about letting go!

K-dog...Its been over a year since I was in properly. And even then, I suspect I only ever met you the once, and in passing!

I have learned to appreciate the wonderful people in my life and accept that though l don't often say it, I know that am blessed with being surrounded by my clever and beautiful children, amazing, beautiful grandchildren, talented and caring work colleagues, loving friends and the many courageous survivors I meet daily.
And Laura, it's been too long and i am waiting to hear about your travels and adventures.

I have learned that spending some quality time to ur self is relaxing and puts you in the right mind set to realise how good we have it, or what can be done to do something different in your life for the better.

I recommend whoever reads this that they should just lay on the grass for an hour or two when ur free, have a coke and a smile. Give time to reflect on what you have done recently that makes you feel good about yourself, and realise the good from the people in ur life.

I've learned that:
- pretty much every adult in life will let me down, and enjoy it.
- there really is no point in going on, dragging life out.
- it's literally me against the world.
- everything that's messing me up has been my fault.

Hi, I'm Katy and I work for Eighteen And Under. They sound like pretty harsh lessons. I don't agree with them all though. I agree that quite possibly every adult you know will let you down (some worse than others), and you'll probably let people down at some point too. It's purely and simply because people are only human. People will make mistakes, or do something out of character etc and you will feel let down. But very few adults will enjoy letting anyone down, well any decent adults anyway. And as for you against the world, isn't everyone to some degree? It's much better if you have people you care about around you and people who care about you too though. People you can rely on, trust, ask advice, and ask for help. I don't agree at all that everything that has gone wrong has been your fault. Life can be good but mostly in order for it to be good, you need to deal with whatever is making you feel like there is no point in going on. Have you tried talking to someone about why you feel like this? Seems to me that you don't have anything to lose and you might even gain something. If you want to talk to me then my email is at the bottom as are the other worker's posts. Take care. Katy.

Hi Katy. I've e-mailed you.

Just to let you know that if you have emailed me i don't have it. Email address is Katy1211@hushmail.com. Take care. Katy.

Assistance To Revelation message

are you a cristian revelation bible last book yes if it is then why do you mention it tell the charity they might be able to help

assistance to message includeing Revelation

Re: assistance to message includeing Revelation

has someone deleted teh assistance i gave

to K-9

power is their key and if their power is abused then fight back a slap or a shout the key word NSPC should do the trick i find that works better and then shout Computer police Unit at the top of your voice to alert the neighbours they should complaine then you tell them quickly

Re: to K-9

did that help if yes please do say

i have learned that no matter how old you get your memoiers are still there mostly the bad and being strong isnt always enough cause at one ponit you break i know i always do x

I have learned to pay attention to every little good thing that happens in my life as we don't notice when things are good, only when they are bad.

Also NB, i don't think you break, i think you bend but since you are so flexible, you straighten up again

haha, Jerri that comment really made me smile :) x

That last comment is one of those life lessons from Kushiels Dart ...

Really? which comment?

1 2