18u Message Board

Welcome to our message board. If you need help,or just want to talk to someone you can leave a message here, but please don't give out any personal details (home addresses,telephone numbers).

We will respect your confidentiality unless we we are told about a serious crime or any child at risk Then we might have to talk to someone about it to get help.

18u Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
amsterdam ye baby ye

Hey peeps!

We all made it safe to the dam!

Although sean was a bit wary of flying my gentle support really helped him through it and that was nice.

In the dam it’s pretty cool, the streets are all tiny! And the buildings are HHHUUUUUUUGGGE (tall) that because there isn’t much dry land available so instead of building out like we do they build up the way! There is an old woman living near us whose whole house is only 2 inches wider than her front door!

people here are the same as anywhere i.e. there are good and bad, the general populace seems really nice and funny but then at night there are these little (big) freaky guys hanging about and as you walk by they go "psst, hey, psst, you want anything?" and you have to ignore these guys cause they are pretty dangerous, the first night 3 of them wanted to take me on! Crazy fools! (Well 1 of 3)

sean is defo the funniest he’s walking round looking like the fat kid in sweeties land, Jerri is pretty cool she’s just going with the flow, Macintosh is freaked out by the guys offering stuff (and she is sleeping now when we all have to leave soon), Katy just keeps eating cake! (shel need a diet soon),finlay is ok as he just does what jerri says (lol), matty is matty lol he has to stop every 2 seconds for a drink! So we are getting nowhere fast, and Krystal is just really easygoing she aint bothered bout nuffin man.

I’m my usual self, as in ill go along with the crowd for a little while then just take off for awhile, I always feel the best way to get to know a city is to just start walking in any direction by yourself (note I’m not recommending this as it is not necessarily safe) but if you do then because your alone people will talk to you and tell you the best places to go and see, best places to eat etc, and you find the most amazing random stuff, yesterday I took hoof and saw 2 deaths! (dressed up people) the mask, some incredible buildings (I like architecture) I found a bar where I talked to 3 local guys who were really sound and told me about the best coffee in town, so I went for that and found this tiny cafe (called paradox) down a tiny street (no tourist would ever find it) and I sat there for ages it was ace!

O and I think someone tried to rob me or kidnap me or something, not sure what they were up to! But I was all like "my friend, I will destroy you!" and he left me alone.

After that all of us went to Anne franks house (the little Jewish girl who hid in a secret couple of rooms with her family during WW11) it was rubbish! and I quizzed one of the people working there and found out that the only person left alive that was involved (on the good side) is an woman who turned 100 on Monday and she used to sneak them in food etc and kept their secret in a time of great fear, and she gets no money from the revenue that the tourist people make, which I thought was outrageous! I would imagine that Anne frank would have wanted at least a little bit of the money that these exploiters have made from selling her secret diary to the world to go to those that helped her family!

Deep breath, calm!

and . . . so anyway its now the beginning of our last day in dam, sean and I are just waiting on everyone getting ready then we are gonna get a canal boat to the nemo science centre, which is apparently pretty wicked! Then lunch a couple of drinks for those that aint driving when we get home, and flight!

I’m looking forward to getting back, I like being in Dundee most of anywhere!

So peace out my brethren, we will see ya all soon.

K x

Re: amsterdam ye baby ye

Thanks for the report! Sounds like you've have a good time.
Speak to you guys soon, i've missed you in this virtual world! x

Re: amsterdam ye baby ye

Wey hey we're back! Slightly frazzled but back safe and sound. Lots to report but not sure how much i can lol. Had a great time although i didnt like the place much at night but that seemed to be the general opinion. Keiran is right about me needing to go on a diet though - i ate Amsterdam out of house and home and i had to squeeze into my skirt this morning! So it'll be a total detox week for me. Highlight had to be mr bean as i have never ever laughed so much in my whole life closely follwed by operation sting but neither are my stories to tell so i will let someone else explain! Peace out people x