18u Message Board

Welcome to our message board. If you need help,or just want to talk to someone you can leave a message here, but please don't give out any personal details (home addresses,telephone numbers).

We will respect your confidentiality unless we we are told about a serious crime or any child at risk Then we might have to talk to someone about it to get help.

18u Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
16, pregnant, homless what can i do :-(

i am 16
I am female
and also..
%%bbCodeItem_1%%[/u]

but i dont knw what to do money wize, or how to handle a baby, to be honest i dont know how to handle myself sometimes, , but most of all i have bad self confedence issues, a boyfriend that isnt very suportive. i just dont knw what to do

advise would be amazing

Re: 16, pregnant, homless what can i do :-(

hi there. first of all i'd like to say well done for reaching out and posting on here. my name is jerri and i'm a support worker.

it sounds as though your having a really hard time right now, but i also noticed that you seem to have alot of insight into you and how your feeling. there are alot of options available you should you choose them. because your 16 your entitled to a house and especially because your pregnant. by law you have to be given somewhere to stay when you have a baby. have you applied to any housing places? a lot of people change and mature as soon as they have a child. and because you are worried about it and reaching out now i think it makes you really strong and you will be ok. i think good advice to give you is that you should think about phoning us at 18 & under and talking to someone properly and we can also help you to sort things out house and money wise and help you with forms and phone calls. the number for 18 & under is 01382 206222 if you phone you just need to say you want to talk to someone. we are a confidential service so you wont have to give out any information that you dont want to. also my email address should be at the bottom of this message so please dont hesitate to email if you want to talk or just ask me something.
take care
jerri

HI there. My name is Katy and I am a worker for Eighteen And Under. I'd just like to echo what Jerri said. I think it is great that you were able to reach out and ask for help. It shows a lot of strength and courage and i think you will manage fine. Like Jerri said if you wanted to phone the office or even come down to the office to see someone then we could offer you some support and also help you with practical things like housing and money. Take good care. Katy

hey im keiran i also work with 18 and under, i think you should give us a call here, as jerri said there are a lot of options available to you and we can help to explain some of these to you,

stay safe,

keiran