18u Message Board

Welcome to our message board. If you need help,or just want to talk to someone you can leave a message here, but please don't give out any personal details (home addresses,telephone numbers).

We will respect your confidentiality unless we we are told about a serious crime or any child at risk Then we might have to talk to someone about it to get help.

18u Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Poetry Book

Hi everyone. Hope you are all ok. I just thought i would give you a quick update on how things are progessing about the poetry book Laurie mentioned a while back. Keiran and myself attended a very posh three course lunch in the Hilton hotel in dundee today. Besides the fancy food and wine there was actually a reason for us being there! Eighteen and Under alongside nine other charities had been shortlisted for a grant from the Hilton Foundation. Basically the Hilton Foundation is run by members of staff from the Hilton hotel who hold fundraising events throughout the year to raise money to donate to charities. After a few speeches from certain people and a bit of nailbiting to hear if we had won anything our name was at last read out! We have been donated £500 to go towards publishing the poetry on the message board and any other poems people want to submit that haven't been posted on here. This money won't quite cover the cost of a poetry book but it will go a long way towards it and there is no doubt in my mind that we will manage to raise the rest of the money we need. So that's all for now folks, we'll keep you updated of anymore developments. Take care. Katy

Re: Poetry Book

yes indeedie siree!

we did enjoy a ROMANTIC dinner together, it was so beautiful.

and we gots us some pennys for a nice book of talent, ah what a hard day at work!

o also they gave us STRAWBERY MERINGUES!!!!!! amazingo indeedo