18u Message Board

Welcome to our message board. If you need help,or just want to talk to someone you can leave a message here, but please don't give out any personal details (home addresses,telephone numbers).

We will respect your confidentiality unless we we are told about a serious crime or any child at risk Then we might have to talk to someone about it to get help.

18u Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Lincoln!!

Hi everyone. I am here to tell you about the worst trip both myself and Jerri have ever had in our whole lifes.

For any of you that don't know, Jerri and I went to Lincoln for work from Wednesday until Friday and were planning a visit to Alton Towers on the way back. Needless to say - we were both pretty excited. The day start with us picking up our hire car which was a decent enough car. After grabbing breakfast we set off on the ten hour journey.

The trip down was fairly uneventful it has to be said. It was absolutely roasting! We passed about 200 eddie stobart lorries and i managed to get us a toot off a lorry lol. We ended up doing most of the journey with a man in a beastie van beside us who jerri thought was hot and then we realised he was not but jerri missed him when he was gone. Oh and i almost forget - we just about got killed by lightening! We were driving along minding our own business when all of a sudden a huge fork of lightening struck our car!! I had my hand out the window on top of the roof and jerri shouted nooooooooooooo, get you hand in!!! Quicker than a flash of lightening i shot my hand back in and thanked jerri for saving my life. That was really about it on the way down though.

As we got nearer we both were feeling pretty ill but figured it would just be the heat. We ended up doing a tour of the service stations because we were drinking so much water and kept neeeding the toilet. Somehow our incredibly rubbish sat nav which kept telling us we were on roads that didn't exist brought us to our hotel at 7pm. By this point we were both not well. We checked in and went into our room which was roasting. We both went to try and eat some tea but couldn't eat anything because we felt sick so after a quick shower we headed to bed. A bit gutting considering the bar staff were pretty hot.

Next morning i woke up, or rather was woken up by jerri whacking me, and felt unbelievably sick. However, Jerri had a huge swollen gland, could barely talk or swallow and had been up the whole night. She had caught tonsilitis from her partner. We managed to get ready and head to the school where we were running six sessions of truth dare scare all day at a high school. We got in and tried not to think about how ill we were. After ten minutes of the first session, Jerri had to go and sit down - ten minutes later she was gone. At the end of the first session i went to find jerri who was really not well. After a quick plan of action was made i told jerri to go to the hospital and i would troop on and run the sessions.

It got to lunchtime and i felt like i was dying. The teachers knew what was going on and were really nice and kept bringing me water and asking if i was ok and if i had heard from jerri. I went out to phone jerri at lunch who told me she had been diagnosed with acute tonsilitis and was on an antibiotic drip and was told she needed to stay in for two days! Feeling very subdued and very ill i was just about to make my way back into school to run the last two sessions when i got stung by a wasp - twice. I was beginning to think that somebody really had it in for me.

I went in and ran the last two sessions to a very nice and understanding set of pupils and teachers. At the end of the sessions i explained to the teacher that i was going to get a taxi up to the hospital and meet jerri. I was offered a lift but didn't want to put anybody out so i went outside to phone jerri first of all to see what was happening. What was happening was Jerri had discharged herself from hospital! She came down to pick me up and we went back to the hotel where jerri went straight to bed with a whole load of pills to take. She was discharged on the condition that she admitted herself to hospital in scotland as soon as we got home. I decided to take an apparently short walk to tesco to buy some water as there were no shops or newsagents at all where we were. It took me forty five minutes to get to tesco and involved me being harrased by a car full of horrible guys and one girl and having to make a detour - i got a taxi back to be on the safe side.

I got back and we decided that the best thing would be for Jerri's partner Finlay and Keiran to come down and get us and drive us back up the next day. Finlay and Keiran drove down during the night while i lay feeling ill inbetween going down to the bar to get water and ice and jerri lying throwing up and feeling really awful. Finlay and Keiran arrived about four in the morning and Keiran left straight away to get up the road. Finlay stayed over and got a couple of hours sleep and took us back in the morning. Jerri slept most of the way back and we had to stop a lot and do another tour of just about every service station inbetween lincoln and dundee. We went straight to perth a&e where i got told i had a throat and ear viral infection and swollen tonsils and jerri got told she was getting kept in and transfered to ninewells by ambulance. It took four hours for jerri to be transferred which meant she didn't arrive until midnight. In the meantime Finlay and i went back to Jerri's house to pick her up fresh clothes, tesco to buy her some magazines, grabbed some tea and then waited until she arrived at the hospital. I arrived back home feeling totally wiped out and slept until two this afternoon! All in all it was some trip!

I went up to see Jerri tonight and she is looking loads better and should hopefully get out tomorrow. We are both just pretty gutted that we didn't get to go to alton towers!

Special thanks to Keiran and Finlay for coming to get us otherwise we would have been really stuck, to the teacher at the school in Lincoln who offered to drive us both back to Scotland, to Laurie and Marley who did a lot of running about for us, to me vicks hand defensive foam which has stopped me getting tonsilitis so far, and to Evelyn at Thrifty who was fantastic at arranging how we would get the hire car back and arranging it so that Finlay could drive!

To sum up, Jerri and I have decided that we are not meant to go away together! The End.

Re: Lincoln!!

Can I just say that ....... THE SAT NAV WAS MINE AND ITS NOT RUBBISH!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh.....and Thanks to Sand H for the use of her Sat Nav too???????? LOL. Welcome home girls

and can i say that the warning signs (such as the jerri household becoming ill and katy feeling a bit funny the day before they left) were all there. moral of the story? think!

lol of course katy and jerri are just lucky that the boys were on hand to rescue them. so a special thanks to myself, twice! because i drove all night to rescue them then all night an d day to rescue a friend in Dundee. i am the best!

kdog

I think u will find that the moral of the story is that both jerri and myself are troopers :)

Sorry you had such a crappy trip, hopefully it will be better if there is a next time x

Jeez, what a trip! Hope you're both feeling heaps better now xxx