18u Message Board

Welcome to our message board. If you need help,or just want to talk to someone you can leave a message here, but please don't give out any personal details (home addresses,telephone numbers).

We will respect your confidentiality unless we we are told about a serious crime or any child at risk Then we might have to talk to someone about it to get help.

18u Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
The Disaster Known As Katy

Hey everyone, how you all doing? I was hoping to try and post earlier during the week but it really has been an absolutely mental week - Keiran failed to mention I was in Glasgow too!! Presumably he is trying to block it from his mind! Anyway, my story goes like this:

Now as you all know, whenever I leave Dundee, something happens. I went to Norwich and got thoroughly abused by airport security staff and had a sickness bug and glandular fever, I went to London and almost got killed by a cyclist, I went to Lincoln and was dying with swine flu and tonsilitis and I went to a book launch in Dunfermline and Barry fractured my foot by dropping our violence is preventable banner on it!! (Very fitting lol)Anyway needless to say, as I was going to Glasgow for the Scottish Learning Festival, I was heading straight into disaster.

We had gone through to Glasgow on Tuesday to set up so that we wouldn't have to leave so early on the Wednesday. However, we still didn't get back home until 8 at night on the Tuesday and I had to be up at 4 on the Wednesday morning. The drive down was fine apart from the traffic into Glasgow - I have no idea how anybody can live in that place or get anywhere on time! Anyway it was really busy the whole time and our stall looked great. Everyone we spoke to was really interested about us and thought we were amazing which of course we are. About half way through the day I decided to go and have a look round the hundreds of stall that were there and do a bit of netwroking with some other agencies. I was having an amazing time - it was really good speaking to people about what we do and what they do. I was aware of this guy totally staring at me so i tried to avoid him but eventually he came over to me and introduced himself. His name was paul but I referred to him as English guy because he was from Leeds. He was at some football stall so we talked for a bit about what each other did and then he asked me if i would be going to the bar in the evening. It was a free bar all night for anyone running a stall and it was basically going to be a huge party. However, we were travelling and weren't staying over so i told him i wouldn't be going, at which point he told me i should just book into his hotel! After this i made a pretty sharpish exit with the promise of him coming to see my stall later on and asking for my number incase he couldn't find us - i told him to get a map lol. Anyway, from this moment on, everywhere i went and everytime i went for a fly smoke - english guy was there. Now he was a nice enough guy but he was beginning to verge on being desperate and becoming a stalker, neither of which are attractive features. As a result, the events that followed were english guy's fault.

Keiran went off for his lunch first while i looked after the stall and then we swapped over. We were right beside a Harry Ramsden's fish and chip shop but when i walked in it looked horrible so i decided i would go for a smoke first and then just grab a sandwich or something. As i was walking out of the restaurant, i felt something in my shoe that was really digging in but i assumed it was just a stone so i kept walking. I had had to change where i was smoking to avoid english guy so i was going out a fire exit door behind the healthy eating bus and as i walked out, the door slammed behind me, resulting in me being stuck outside. Now at this point, i was unfazed. I was just going to walk round to the front of the building whilst having a smoke but my foot was really starting to hurt so i took off my shoe to find that my foot was covered in blood. There was no where to sit or even lean properly so after a quick look i realised i had glass in my foot!! I didn't want to get anymore blood in my shoe so i was pretty stuck given that i was locked out! So i proceeded to hobble over to the fire exit door and bang loudly whilst shouting 'HELLO!!' Eventually a security guard opened the door and i explained the problem i had encountered. In the midst of this, five other guys had appeared: one being english guy and one being a guy i had been taking the mickey mouse out of earlier on who was working on the healthy eating bus. The guys helped me over to a seat and feeling a little embarrased i explained that all i really needed was a wipe and a plaster. The guy from the healthy eating bus had a first aid kit but it had no wipes or plasters in it - some first aid box! So eventually after the guys stood scratching their heads for a while, the security guard decided to radio first aid. Now at this point, whilst i was slightly embarrased, i was pretty much hidden from view behind the healthy eating bus (which was actually a lorry) so the only people who could see me were the guys around me. My only concern at that point was getting blood on my new shoes.

About a minute later, a first aid guy came down and explained that the woman was on her way to have a look at my foot. This is when it started to get incredibly embarrasing! Next thing i know, a woman comes flying round the side of the healthy eating bus with a wheelchair! After much indignant protesting and trying to explain i did not need a wheelchair i was told i had no option because they didn't carry first aid boxes and the first aid room was at the opposite end of the giant hall we were in and through the main reception hall of the SECC. I really had no option because my foot was spurting blood all over the carpet. By this point i had a pretty big audience and i had a pretty huge minter. I asked the woman for a bag for my head but she told me she would go really fast so i wouldnt get too embarrased. So, we shot off round the side of the healthy eating van all the way through the hall past thousands of people all staring at me. It was sooooo embarrasing.

Anyway after a visit to the first aid room, a few pieces of glass pulled out my foot, and a couple of accident report forms filled out for health and safety - i was discharged. By this point i had been away for ages and hadn't even had lunch! I went back and explained to Keiran who told me i was a complete burden, i was like a four year old, and that i couldn't be taken anywhere - such a supportive organisation i work for!

Now, whilst i may have the worst luck ever, i do make an impression everywhere i go. There were a lot of people found out what had happened, a lot of people i met and they all knew who i was and where i worked for. The next day they all remembered me and were making jokes etc so i say it was a job well done! If it hadn't of been for english guy then i wouldnt have had the glass in my foot by having to change smoking area though! But then i wouldn't have left such an impression. SO maybe i should be sent everywhere because i do a flipping good job at letting people know who we are - it's just a shame i have to get ill or injured along the way!

Re: The Disaster Known As Katy

LMAO Katy!

I agree that you should be sent everywhere because you make the biggest impression but... I also think that since Keiran thinks you're a burden, and since you cant go anywhere by yourself in case of injury or illness, that i should go everywhere with you too. (just to look after you while you're spreading the word of course)

HA!
jerri thats the last thing we need is 2 of you getting into all sorts.

the calamity duo lmao!

and katy i didnt call you a four year old you big fibber! i called you worse than a child but i didnt specify an age lol!

i will mention that the wheelchair lady passed by me on her way to get katy, and i just knew she was on her way to get katy lol!

and i didnt mention you were there because since the big dog was there, all else is supplementary ha ha!

Calamity Duo - i like it lol. I think if you remember correctly, it was you who were supplementary though keiran

omg cant belive this actuallly happened to Youu. you do know you shouldnt go anywhere i feeel so sorry for you everywhere you go you get hurt or somesort and cant belive he actually laughed at youu! Terrible!!