18u Message Board

Welcome to our message board. If you need help,or just want to talk to someone you can leave a message here, but please don't give out any personal details (home addresses,telephone numbers).

We will respect your confidentiality unless we we are told about a serious crime or any child at risk Then we might have to talk to someone about it to get help.

18u Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
launch

Katy didn't get hurt but did any of you see sandra stand on the chair to put up a banner and fall through it getting both legs stuck? she was jammed tight in the chair, with her wee legs dangling unable to touch the ground. shaun was trying to get the chair off her but was laughing so much that he was helpless. it eventually took 3 of us to get the chair off her.
Then there was the fiasco with the technical equipment that would not go on. eventually found out it was a touch screen. oops! silly shaun. then, the flipping thing shut down completely and we had to wait for help to get it all going again.
besides all that, it was great. or maybe even because of all that?

Re: launch

Yes thank you for sharing that story Laurie. You were all a GREAT help, while I wrote the health and safety policy for the office, I chose to flaunt health and safety at the Edinburgh Venue as there were no step ladders and how on earth was I to know that the chairs were not solid!!!!!. In the great rush of trying to get things looking good for the launch while everyone else was wandering around Edinburgh shopping!!!!
Anyhow, at least Shaun was there to just about wet himself and feebly try to help me get out of the chair that literally swallowed me up, Irene and Laurie swanned about not noticing anything at all until the cries for help were heard. Even then, they stood watching and laughing helplessly. Laurie was running around looking for a camera!!!! Now thats showing support huh?
The incident was just one of the many good things that came out of that day. It was nice to see some volunteers back who have been 'missing in action'. I hope we have many of these launches in the future. So get thinking caps on for new resources.!!!!

Yay! I didn't get hurt! Although i was ill and i'm always either ill or i hurt myself so the curse still isn't broken - maybe it's because i'm a cybercondriach eh Keiran? lol

hahahahahha