18u Message Board

Welcome to our message board. If you need help,or just want to talk to someone you can leave a message here, but please don't give out any personal details (home addresses,telephone numbers).

We will respect your confidentiality unless we we are told about a serious crime or any child at risk Then we might have to talk to someone about it to get help.

18u Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
re flash back

I had a really bad day today at school because i had a flash back of the abuse i went thr with my dad . it was so difficuit i ran out of school and i got really scared. my life seem to just have one thing ather other don't think i can take much more of this. i just got out of a ed unit for people with anoreix and fineing every thing so hard.someone please help me

Re: re flash back

Hi Sophie,

I'm really sorry things are so hard for you.
Flashbacks are really hard and its ok that you just need to get away. It's really good that you posted on here and asked for help and it just shows how strong you are. I know you might not feel that way right now.
It's good to talk to someone about what happened. We have a freephone that wont show up on your phone bill, the number is 0800 731 40 80. Our normal office number is 01382 206222 and you can phone us and just ask to talk to someone, my name is Jerri and you can talk to me if you want or ask for anyone. Also you can email myself or other workers.
Take care,
Jerri

Hiya Sophie. I'm really glad you felt able to post and ask for help and I'm sorry things are so difficult for you. It must seem like you don't know which way to turn next. My name is Katy and i work at Eighteen And Under. Like Jerri said you can give us a phone, email one of us, or pop into our offices in the city centre. From what you have posted it seems you have been through a lot and it shows how strong you must be. You can find ways to cope with flashbacks and other things you may be experiencing and you can get help to do this. If i can do anything for you then please just let me know. Take care. Katy

Thanks for relip to my post katy. I feel so awfull tonight i feel like i going back to not eating as a away of copeing which i know is not a gr3 thing to do. i just feel like there no hope any more for me,and i scared about going to school tomorr because i have flashback there and i feel like i am been lol. i hate been so alone at the moment so much. i went in to a chat room tonight to talk about how i was feeling but this guy just wanting to know how old i was and where i live so i just log out,i just wanting someone to talk to that all. yeah i have phone 18under a while ago but i have try latey but it allway buzie thr. i not very good at seeing people facf to face i no good at this. i just want to be like other 14 yr old

hey sophie,

good to see you on this message board. remember that you can e mail me or any other worker to talk. or you can phone or even visit our centre? things will get better for you if you just hang on in there. you know you can get help with flashbacks? it is not something you have to put up withyou know. can you talk to your social worker about it? can you talk to a teacher (guidance perhaps) so they know there is a reason you are not coping. what about talking to carers? or you can talk to people on here?

Things will get easier in time and like Laurie said, you don't have to do this by yourself, there are people out there who can help you if you want them to. We are busy like you said but we make young people a priority and we will make sure someone is there to talk to you or email; whatever is easiest. Hang in there. Katy

hi sophie,

how are you getting on? did you get some help? remember you can phone or e mail anytime. or, if you like, you can drop into the Centre. Take care

I feel so sad right now and unhappy,Just got out of the children hoptail from takeing a od,was in for like one week. I have so much hurt and pain in side,can't take this any more. everything just getting on top off me. and my socail worker and doctor areing saying if i keep loseing weight,i will have to go back in the ed unit,which i really dont want to. I really wish i was not born any more.

Hi Sophie. I'm really sorry you feel this way. It seems to be a bit of a vicious circle - you don't eat because you are hurting and then you end up in hospital and feel even worse and it becomes very hard to break that. You can break it though and you don't have to do it by yourself. You have to start fighting back and taking control in whatever way you can. You might think that eating is the one thing you have some control over but it is the eating that has control over you. If you don't eat then you die, there is no way around that one and there is a difference between not wanting to live anymore and wanting to die. I don't believe you want to die and I certainly don't want you to die. Sometimes writing things down or talking things through can help a bit. You don't necessarily have to show anyone what you have written. With nightmares and flashbacks in particular; writing them down can help to take away their power and make them less frightening. If there is anything I can do then let me know. My email address is at the bottom of this post if you would like to email me. Take care of yourself. Katy.