18u Message Board

Welcome to our message board. If you need help,or just want to talk to someone you can leave a message here, but please don't give out any personal details (home addresses,telephone numbers).

We will respect your confidentiality unless we we are told about a serious crime or any child at risk Then we might have to talk to someone about it to get help.

18u Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
HELP

hi im pregnant ,but i was sexually abused what can i do?

Re: HELP

You can e mail me if you would like to talk about this. There are places and people you can go to to get help. No one has the right to abuse you in any way and you can get help to talk through your options. If you live near Dundee we can suggest places you can go depending on your age. If you are pregnant, you will need to see a doctor as soon as possible but you can get help to go to a doctor too if you need it. You can phone us on 01382 206222 if you want or if you are anywhere near Dundee you can drop in to our office. The main thing is to get help as soon as you can.

Hi, yes i live in dundee im 17 i have been to see the doctor i am 3 months pregnant i have my scan next week,

Hi there, my name is Katy and I work at Eighteen And Under. As Laurie said, nobody has the right to assault you and i hope you know this was not your fault. Our offices are right in the city centre if you would like to come in and talk to one of us? Take care. Katy

Hi,yes i know alot of people are saying it isnt my fault but if it wasnt my fauly then why has this happened?.where about is your office??

hey bud,

my name is keiran and i also work at 18 and under, we are in the city centre, number 1 victoria road (just off bell street) and we are on the top floor.

we are generally there monday to friday 9-5 and if you would like to call or email one of our workers we can arrange a time that suits you for coming up (you can come up pretty much anytime you like but it is normally best to make sure someone knows when you are coming, at least just for the first time)

its easy to blame yourself for what has happened but the bottom line is that it is not your fault, it is the person who abused you that has done something wrong and the fault is their's.

your not alone, so many people that have survived what you have blame themselves, it can be hard not to, but the important thing to remember is that it wasnt you that purposefully hurt someone else, it was the person who did this.

take care,

K

Adults hold the power over children and young people and sometimes adults choose to abuse this power. This is always the adults fault and never the young persons. It couldn't possibly be your fault. If you think about it another way - if your best mate came up to you and told you they had been abused would you tell them it was their fault? I bet you wouldn't. I hope you manage to pop in or give us a phone or something. Take care. Katy

Thank's you but i tried phoning and the phones were busy and i phoned again s i take it you's were shut early, i dont really fel that confident comming fown someplace where i dont know anyone and being on my own

Hiya, sorry you couldn't get through. We don't shut early unless we are away somewhere. Tomorrow we are out all day and the last couple of days most of our workers have been out at schools but there should usually be someone in the office to take your calls. It can seem daunting coming somewhere you don't know for the first time but everyone is really nice. Maybe it would be easier for someone to meet you in town or outside our offices so that when you come in you won't be coming in on your own? Or you could bring a friend down with you? Or you could try emailing someone for a while? Next week should be much easier to get hold of somebody on the phones but there will be someone in the office for the rest of today and on Friday. If i can do anything to help then just let me know. Take care, Katy

Hiya, maybe it was just a busy moment or something like that thats maybe why i couldnt get through its okay ill try again at one point this week and yes i maybe will bring a friend down with me but ill let you know , would it be okay if my brothers girlfriend came with me??

Of course that is ok. There are more people in the office this week so hopefully you manage to make it down. Take care. Katy

okay will i just phone the office and see if it's okay to come down?

You could if you want or you could just drop in? You might be safer trying to let somebody know when you are planning on coming in. There will be people in the office but it's often best to make an appointment initially just in case people are tied up. The telephone number is 01382 206222 if you want to phone and ask for someone or you could email me or another worker to arrange a time. Take care of yourself and well done for making such a big decision. Katy

okaay then thanks i dont think ive made a big decision ... x

hi there,

did you get some help? did you manage to make contact or even get help from somewhere else? remember we are there if you need to talk to someone about any problems. take care

hya laurie im doing okay ive decided to keep my baby and even though ive been abused and this baby means im her sister and her mum and here dad is her grandad this is a weird situation .. i just feel like i ament able to give my baby up this easy im just needing help to get a house and some money together now
thank you!!

Remember that no one ever has the right to abuse you and it's never your fault.

you have to decide for you what is best for you. regardless of what you decide, we would support you. there is someone at 18u most days. sometimes it helps to get a bit support and we can support you in getting housing and benefits if you want. even if you just want someone to talk to, remember we are there for you. take care

hiya. yes okay then would it be okay to email someone?

Feel free to email any one of us. You'll find my email address attached to my posts and if you would like to email another worker instead then let me know and I can give you their email address. Take care. Katy.

katy whats youd email address do you know what Laurie's is??

If you click on the email button underneath each of our posts you will see what our addresses are. Mines is wingz05@hotmail.co.uk and laurie's is lormac1053@aol.com. Take care. Katy.

tthanks katy!!