18u Message Board

Welcome to our message board. If you need help,or just want to talk to someone you can leave a message here, but please don't give out any personal details (home addresses,telephone numbers).

We will respect your confidentiality unless we we are told about a serious crime or any child at risk Then we might have to talk to someone about it to get help.

18u Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
rome day 5

Day 5 was pretty much just that, one big, long, stuffy, boring meeting. Laurie and I set out at 7AM and reached the meeting 2 hours later (making us er, on time, depending on the time zone) anyway there followed lots of work stuff which I wont bother writing about.

When the meeting (finally) finished at half 5 we found ourselves with 2 hours to kill before dinner, so we went in search of wifi and found Miccy D’s! Big mac meal AND internet, which was nice, until a sudden thunderstorm chased us back into the car, so we stayed there in the car parked outside of McD’s for the remaining hour and a half. - this is us just before the rain-

We then went to the hotel where dinner was to be held, which was beautiful (see pics lol) and the dinner was delicious, but since I had a big mac meal just before going I didn’t eat much, Laurie did try some tiramisu though!
the hotel -

and laurie -

hearing a description of tiramisu -

trying tiramisu -

and (predictebly) hating tiramisu -

As for the company, Laurie sat at a very serious and boring table where as my table soon turned to laughter and various risqué joking, I then spent the last half hour of dinner telling my table companions about the haggis, soooooooooo funny. My version was like this –

The Haggis is an animal which only lives on hills and only above 500 feet, they are the size of a scotty dog with the body of a sheep/legs of hollow bone/and a trumpet shaped nose (which they ‘trumpet’ out of if you pull their tail). I also told them that every Scottish man has to hunt one with his father/mentor as a ‘coming of age’ ritual sometime between their sixteenth and eighteenth birthday. Also bagpipes are made using the leftover skin.

There was, weirdly, a young American girl at the table who entirely believed every word, remind you of anyone? (@’coughstephaniecough’@) LOL!!

Anyway that was day 5, or would have been if we hadn’t spotted baby foxes on the way home! We estimate that they are 5-7 weeks old and as you can see they were very curious, and SO cute, but don’t tell anyone I said that, bye!

the foxys -

PS I promise I will actually get those pics up today/tonight, hopefully before tea time!

pps, ignore that as i just put them up lol

Re: rome day 5

That doesn't sound too bad at all, the foxes are well cute! I love that we can get pics up on the message board - great ones of Laurie but my favourite one has to be of her in mcdonalds dressed exceedingly posh by laurie's standards but still wearing her scabby trainers! Brilliant lol can't wait to see you back here, the office is so quiet and unchaotic without you both! Lol

auw looks like use are having a great time. They foxes i want. xxxxx

The pictures made me laugh, especially the one where laurie is looking at the camera with discust trying tiramisu, reminds me of Peter Kay saying cheese cake!? A cake of cheese?!

I am dissapointed that you got mcD's you really showed how Scottish folk are like when abroad, and Rome of all places. Dont you know the old saying? 'When in Rome' lol

Well it looks like your all having a good time ill see you all monday.

HEY! In my defense, I only believed you for about, hmmm, 2 minutes

Whatever!! It was more like 20 minutes!!