18u Message Board

Welcome to our message board. If you need help,or just want to talk to someone you can leave a message here, but please don't give out any personal details (home addresses,telephone numbers).

We will respect your confidentiality unless we we are told about a serious crime or any child at risk Then we might have to talk to someone about it to get help.

18u Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Hi!

Hey everybody!
This is Steph, I am a new worker at Eighteen and Under and I've been here about a month now, so I figured it was about time for me to introduce myself on here. I am the Resolve It Development Worker, and so far I'm really enjoying it. It has been great to get to know everyone nice putting up with me even though I am an American. In general, everybody has been nice, except for one cheeky attempt to convince me that a haggis was a real animal, which I believed for about 2 minutes, and even looked up a horrible picture on the internet:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2198/2171893542_b2665d5e81.jpg?v=0

But now, I am enlightened and can use this same trick on the rest of my American friends.

Take care everyone,
Steph

Re: Hi!

Hi steph

Hi Steph, about time we saw you on here! Yes the haggis joke was rather amusing, in particular the picture you found as you then had us all wondering if maybe a haggis was real!! lol and also the bit about you saying you were never going up the hills again and comparing the three legged haggis to a fish with only one fin!! So all of it really! Anyway, peace out. Katy

yo steph-o!

welcome a-chat-board bud

Welcome Steph!

Another new member of the team huh? This is great.

I think you should tell us a strange fact about yourself?
(other than how many friends you have on facebook!)

hey steph xxx

hiya steph about time you were on here too
xxx

Hi everyone! Its good to be on the message board.

Hmmmm, a strange fact about myself... how about a few:

1. I was born in the front seat of a car at a petrol station in Washington D.C. My dad delivered me

2. I have been to 5 out of 7 continents and lived on 3 of them.

3. I have eaten the meat of crocodile, boa constrictor, monkey.

Anything else you want to know??

Yes...how many toes do you have?

hahaa

Jerri - you'll have to come see for yourself

ok, but i'm not touching them, I don't like toes lol.

I think we should all tell a strange fact about ourselfs....

lol I think its so strange were you was born Steph, in Washington D.C of all places! Well i think your ace :)

A Fact about myself... lets see. I am a northerner from Hull or as Hull people say it 'ull because we dont pronounce our H’s... Ever!
I have a Jewish and Muslim background which most folk think is unusual but trust me there are many like me, take my sister for example.
I have just finished uni and i am hoping to get BA Hons degree in marketing and business just waiting for my results so fingers crossed.
I hate football very very much, it annoys me when people wanna talk to me about football thinking i have all the answers to the sport because am English. I Am from Yorkshire so i follow rugby league Hull, FC is my team.
Oh I forgot to mention, i have done a fair bit of travelling myself i have travelled around bits of Europe, the middle east to the far east. I lived in East Africa when i was a nipper and attended a few beach parties around the coasts of Australia. I have also had vodka from my breakfast in Russia, i wish i could go in more detail but it is hard to remember what i did due to the breakfasts i had... If you can’t beat them, join them lol.
But I have to say the best place ever is good old Dundee, u canny beat it ey mate! its bra!

Danny, you know that none of that was really strange facts about yourself, that was more like your bio. I meant something like you have 13 toes or one leg shorter than the other or you were born with 2 heads

You really want to find someone with a strange number of toes, don't you Jerri? Or are you trying to find someone out there who is like you? Is there something you aren't telling us? lol

ha ha ha ya i bet she has a toe short and she is lookin for a spare one like a body snatcher

The only strange thing about jerri is her thumbs (sneak a look at work on Monday lol) but she is a little but defensive about them. I have one leg shorter than the other. I also cannot leave the tv volume or stereo volume on an odd number - it totally freaks me out! lol and Danny, i have to agree with jerri. Your life story is not what was asked for lol

Ya your right well its out there now so bam... I dont think i have any strange things about me, i think am perfect in every single way, well my hair is like wirewool if you dont believe me just have a touch, i dont mind lol oh ya and i have dead eyes according to jerri lol

THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH MY THUMBS!!!

One leg shorter than the other? Lets call you Ilene from now on. Lol.

My weird things are that I have unexplained holes in my ears, (the exact same on both ears) that are proper holes right through to my eardrums. I've had them since birth and the doctors cannot explain them. Me and Keiran used to tell my friends at school that i could breathe under water which they totally believed.
I also seem to have a double jointed tongue and double jointed fingers.

Oh, i'd also like to add that because of Katy's weird thing about numbers being even on tv and radio volume, I now have to do that too because i think something unlucky will happen if i don't. Watch out if you have your radio on when Katy is about as this seems to be a contagious thing.

It's not about it being unlucky, it's an OCD thing FYI lol

A weird thing about me is that I can't finish a drink whether it is alcoholic or not. I have to leave a little bit of the liquid at the bottom. Once I was in a pub and my friends were teasing me about it so when I was finishing off my drink (whilst leaving the obligatory bit at the bottom) my friend tried to tip my drink back so I would finish it all, I totally freaked out and the drink and glass went flying through the air finally landing on this random scary girl's trainers. She went ballistic as they were newly bought that morning. Never mind, everyone has something different about them :)

P.S good to see Steph and Danny on the message boards :)

I don't think that is very weird Shaun, I know loads of people like that so you have to think of something else! lol

Yes Katy for you it is, but for me now, i think it's unlucky, for example, if i leave the radio volume on 11 i then think i might crash so i put it to 12 or 10.

Double jointed tongue? How?

welll well i have nothing weird about me im just perfect!!!!!
xxx

Apart from you're weirdly short Gillian lol x

yeah thats the only weird thing about and somehow its weird that i pick all the wrong guys thats all xx