18u Message Board

Welcome to our message board. If you need help,or just want to talk to someone you can leave a message here, but please don't give out any personal details (home addresses,telephone numbers).

We will respect your confidentiality unless we we are told about a serious crime or any child at risk Then we might have to talk to someone about it to get help.

18u Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Well this is my first post :)

I've been searching for ages for someone to talk to, to hopefully get counselling from and it seems this place could be excellent for me. I'm going through a hellish time at the moment and sometimes I wake up, sorry that I've woke up, alive, breathing, existing. I was abused at a young age and yet I know it's going to claw at me for the rest of my life. I suppose I just want this off my chest, not really a cheery introduction but I just want this out and hopefully something will come out of this.

Hiya to anybody who is reading though, I'm chuffed you did.

-Z

Re: Well this is my first post :)

Hiya im gillian im a volunteer at eighteen and under, Im really glad you have got in touch i know what your going through and reaching out for help is hard for you aswell But im really glad you have and thats a really good choice x
xxxxx

Hiya Gillian!

Thanks for the warm welcome. Makes me feel hundreds of times better, believe me.

It was hard but it makes me realise that, proof on this board, that I'm not alone and somebody will give me advice or just read/listen which is a lot of good.

But thank you for replying!
I'm definitely hoping I will get confidence to come up and receive help one to one but this is just as good.
xxxx

Hi,

My name is Shaun and I am so glad that you have taken the steps to get in touch with us.

I hope that you continue to chat on the message board and find good experiences doing so :)

Hi Z,
My name is Steph and I'm a worker at Eighteen and Under. Welcome to the message board, its great to see you on here. I am sorry to hear that you are having a hard time right now and hopefully this can be a place where you will find what you are looking for.
Take care,
Steph

Hi Z,

My name is Jerri and I'm a support worker with Eighteen And Under and Izzy's Promise (our sister organisation).
Well done for reaching out and sharing a part of your story, i know this can be a very hard and scary thing to do so it shows how brave and strong you are, even though you might not always feel that way. I'm really sorry that you are going through such a hard time right now. It is good to get it off your chest as just talking about it can really help. At Eighteen And Under we offer face to face, phone, email and message board support. If you are near by you are more than welcome to come in and meet us and have a look around. Also you can phone us on 01382 206222 or email any one of us if you want to talk privately. My email address is jezz2088@aol.com.
Take care

Hi there. My name is Katy and I am a worker for Eighteen And Under. I think it's really good that you have had a look around to see what support is available - it seems you really know what you want. I understand how you feel this is something that will never leave you and to an extent you are right. You can't change what happened but what happened was not your fault. In time, this will be something that plays on your mind less and you will be able to go on and enjoy the rest of your life. I know nothing at all about you, other than what you have posted, but I know that you are going to be ok. My email address is Katy1211@hushmail.com, feel free to get in touch any time. Take good care of yourself. Katy.