18u Message Board

Welcome to our message board. If you need help,or just want to talk to someone you can leave a message here, but please don't give out any personal details (home addresses,telephone numbers).

We will respect your confidentiality unless we we are told about a serious crime or any child at risk Then we might have to talk to someone about it to get help.

18u Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Trouble

Hi, I was gave this website by a friend who works for your place. My mum has just found out the people have been spreading nasty stories around the village about me being on the sex offenders register. I'm not I got in trouble in nursery for having a peeing contest with another boy, which was 8 years ago. I don't know what to do. I want them to go away so my mum will feel better, because she won't stop crying. Please help me, I'm scared for my mum shes making herself ill because of it.
Thank you
Nathan

Re: Trouble

Hi Nathan. I'm sorry to hear about what's going on for you, it must be awful. It sounds to me like it is a matter for the police. If there are specific people targeting you and slandering you then it is a crime and you have every right to report it. I don't know if this is something you would maybe consider? If you would like to talk to one of us at Eighteen And Under then you would be more than welcome to. We're based at 1 Victoria Road Dundee if you want to drop in, you can phone us on 01382 206222 or you can email one of us. Well done for posting and I hope this helps. Take care. Katy.

Re: Trouble

Hi Nathan,

What is happening to you and your mum is wrong and I think it's pretty brave of you to reach out and look for help. Maybe if you and your mum could talk this through with someone safe, you could then be more informed about what steps to take? Could you show your mum this message board? Could you think about e mailing one of us? Could you come into the Centre in Dundee and talk with someone?

The main thing you need to know is that you do not have to put up with this and you have a right to get help. So does your mum. As the adult, it is her job to sort this out and keep you safe but sometimes adults need help to do that. Mind you, she might already be working on a solution and just hasn't told you. Maybe you could ask her?

No one has the right to pick on you or say things that are not true but sometimes you have to find way to stand up for yourself and your family.

Take care

Laurie