18u Message Board

Welcome to our message board. If you need help,or just want to talk to someone you can leave a message here, but please don't give out any personal details (home addresses,telephone numbers).

We will respect your confidentiality unless we we are told about a serious crime or any child at risk Then we might have to talk to someone about it to get help.

18u Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
want to run away

I am thinking I will just run away from here, my home, my life, my fear, my pain, my shame, my memories.

Re: want to run away

Hey Annie. My name is Katy and I work at Eighteen And Under. I'm sorry you feel like you want to run away but running away really doesn't help. It doesn't matter where you are, your memories, problems and feelings will come with you. Talking helps though. If you want to talk things through with me then my email address is attached to this post or you can phone on 01382 206222. Our freephone number is 0800 7314080 and the number won't show up on a phone bill. Or you could drop in at 1 Victoria Road Dundee. Take care of yourself. Katy.

Hi katy

I tried to email you but it dont let me. If I run away I wont be living at home so things will be easier. I wont see the people who I hate. They will all be gone

Hi Annie,

My name is Jerri and i work with Izzy's Promise, (18u's sister project) but i volunteer with 18u.
I really agree with what Katy said, that if you run, you still have memories and feelings and you can't run from them, maybe there's another solution? But also, if you run away, where will you go and what will you do to live and get by?
I really think you should try and talk to someone at Eighteen And Under, they are a confidential organisation so you can talk to them freely about what you need to. If you are near by, come up and see us. You did the right thing by coming on the board and telling someone and maybe we can help?

Take care

You might be physically away from the people that you don't like but you won't be away from them inside your head. I know running away can seem like the best option but it creates so many more problems and puts you in seriious danger. I think your email didn't work because you don't have outlook on your computer. My email address is Katy1211@hushmail.com. You can just type that into whatever email account you use. Hope to hear from you soon. Take care. Katy.