18u Message Board

Welcome to our message board. If you need help,or just want to talk to someone you can leave a message here, but please don't give out any personal details (home addresses,telephone numbers).

We will respect your confidentiality unless we we are told about a serious crime or any child at risk Then we might have to talk to someone about it to get help.

18u Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
URGENT HELP

hii guys needing a bit of help i have a young person thats comming to me support he is refusing to to come in to talk to anyone and i have even asked him but he is refusing and i dont know what im meant to say anymore can somone help me please?

Re: URGENT HELP

Hiya,

It's good that you're trying to help someone and get them to talk to someone. The best thing to do would maybe be to just let him know all about us and our confidentiality and let him know the different ways he can get in touch and also to let him know that it can help to talk and it's ok to do so but that's really as much as you can do other than be there for him if he needs you. It's good to give someone lots of information about where they can go and he'll do so when he feels ready or wants to. Sometimes people don't feel ready to talk yet. but if he's talking to you about things then make sure and take care of yourself too.
I hope this helps a bit

hiya Jerri..
thanks yeah this has helped a bit thank you
xxx

have you tried giveing him a gift if he comes it might help the client Male/Female they sometimes are reluctent to talk untill given a gift for comeing out of their shell and gaining help throug verbal evidence im like that with one of my clients at wise group he one of my acotrs all it takes is kindness and care just a sujesting

yours sincerely

Craig Alexander Smith
(Formaly Vulenteer and man in leather jacket now boy then)

although only for information on bullying