18u Message Board

Welcome to our message board. If you need help,or just want to talk to someone you can leave a message here, but please don't give out any personal details (home addresses,telephone numbers).

We will respect your confidentiality unless we we are told about a serious crime or any child at risk Then we might have to talk to someone about it to get help.

18u Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
:(

Hi. I'm a new member so I'm not really sure how this works but I'm really struggling with everything. Not going to go in to detail but thing's are too much for me.
:(

Re: :(

Hi Kirsty, welcome to the message board!

My name is Jerri and I'm a support worker and volunteer.

I'm sorry that things are too much for you and that you are struggling. Well done for coming on and posting though as i know it can be hard and it's really good that you have reached out and shared how you're feeling with us. It can really help to talk to someone.
You can talk on here or if you want you can also give us a phone on 01382 206222 or 08007314080 (freephone number and doesn't show up on phone bills). Or if you're in or near Dundee you can come see us at the office. Another way to talk is on the chat room where you can ask a worker to be on at a certain time and they'll come on and have a chat with you or you can email any of the workers including myself, (my email will appear at the bottom of this message). Also on this website you can see who's who so you know who you're talking to. You can find this out by going to the main page of the website and click on the bit on the left that says about 18u then once you're on there again on the left you'll see a bit that says who's who in 18u.

Take care of yourself Kirsty and let me know if there's anything i can do.

Hi.
Thanks. Yeah, I've just moved to Dundee.
I'd rather not chat like this just in case but it's okay for now.
What are your rules about confidentiality?
Kirsty.

That's ok, and as i said above, there are lots of ways to chat so whatever suits you best.

You should be able to find a bit on the site about our confidentiality but basically, we are totally confidential. We will not pass on anything about you to anybody else unless you ask us to or if you tell us about a child who's at risk and can't come to us themselves then we would tell you that we have to pass it on. Other than that though, you can talk to us as freely as you want or tell us as much as you want. You don't have to start talking and give us your name, address ect. You only have to share with us whatever you want to share and we wouldn't ever push you. The kind of support we give is just support and information. So we will listen to you and if you are needing or wanting to make a choice about anything at all, we will try give you all the information we can about your different choices but will never pressure you into anything. The way all the support works is however you want in to work.

Okay, thanks. That's really good to know, I'm always wary about that kind of stuff.
I'm just really scared. I made a very important, correct decision last night. Really don't know what to do now though... So fed up and tired of fighting.