18u Message Board

Welcome to our message board. If you need help,or just want to talk to someone you can leave a message here, but please don't give out any personal details (home addresses,telephone numbers).

We will respect your confidentiality unless we we are told about a serious crime or any child at risk Then we might have to talk to someone about it to get help.

18u Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
help

hey, guys umm see if someone has pleaded not gulity then the people have to go to court and someone has witness (fake ones that are lying) and they ask you to threaten the real witness for them well not threaten them but pass on the message, how much to trouble would you get in passing the message on? and would i get in trouble from knowing that the person up for the charge is got witness that are lying?? please help!! xxx

Re: help

Hi. If found out then the person would be up for a perverting the course of justice charge which could result in a prison sentence for the person or people involved.

Yeah to add to what Katy said, it's a pretty serious charge intimidating a witness or perverting the course of justice.
If you know that someone has a witness that is lying, you should phone the local police station and see if there is anything they can do.
Take care

Jerri
Yeah to add to what Katy said, it's a pretty serious charge intimidating a witness or perverting the course of justice.
If you know that someone has a witness that is lying, you should phone the local police station and see if there is anything they can do.
Take care

like Jerri and katy said but phone the police straight away as the longer you leve it the more trouble you will be in and you would get a cusdturil sentince whats 8 months inprison, as i have been there when i was younger they will find out just do the right thing go to police asap

Hi NB
Just as mentioned above, perverting the course of justice can come under more than one act. Depending which legal system i.e. Scots law, English law, Anglo American Law etc, it can slightly change, but however if noticed the person can be prosecuted and could end in prison. Perverting the course of justice can be any of the acts:
-Fabricating or disposing of evidence
-Intimidating or threatening a witness or juror
-Intimidating or threatening a judge
-Lying under oath
I have attached some links below that explains in more detail about tampering with an ongoing trail. I hope they are useful.

Dan McK
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perverting_the_course_of_justice

http://www.inbrief.co.uk/court-proceedings/judge-only-trials.htm