18u Message Board

Welcome to our message board. If you need help,or just want to talk to someone you can leave a message here, but please don't give out any personal details (home addresses,telephone numbers).

We will respect your confidentiality unless we we are told about a serious crime or any child at risk Then we might have to talk to someone about it to get help.

18u Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
dont know what to do?:(

right, this weekend my friend had text me saying that he was away to kill himself, i phoned the police and told them so they went to check on him and stopped him, he has been through alot and i dont know what else to do to help him because if i tell him about anything he might not think i am trying to help him, he has tried to hurt himself by running towards a car in town infront of me after a party :( i know i did the right thing by phoning the police and stuff but what if he trys it again and doesnt tell me so nobody can help him?.... im scared and dont know what to do, i havent been the same since

Re: dont know what to do?:(

Hi :)

Im sorry for you and your friends situation.

Unfortunately there is a chance your friend will try this again and you have to decide what is the best thing to do for you as well as your friend. You could try to talk to him about it and get some help for him. A step in the right direction could be for you to help him find some support, of course he would need to be ready for this.

Eighteen And Under offer support in all different kinds of ways, text, email on this message board or face to face support.

If he doesn't agree to the support then certainly speaking to him about his issues might help.

I wish I could say that he won't try to kill himself again but I'm afraid there are no guarantees about what might happen.

Remember to make sure that you are not alone and dealing with all this by yourself. Maybe get some support yourself.

You could come in and speak to us at Eighteen And Under, we are available Mon-Fri 9-5. 01382 206222 We are based at 1 Victoria Road Dundee.

Shaun

hi shaun.

thats great thanks so much, i will try talking to him.. hope all goes well really dont want to lose another friend by commiting suicide

Hi im sorry to hear about your friend and can understand why your scared. If your friend is willing to talk to someone then you can maybe help him by giving him eighteen and unders number 01382-206222 and you can call to get support for yourself as this is a difficult situation for you also.

thanks, much apreciated.

Your welcome
hope it all works out for both of you.

yeah me too, thankyou so much!

hey sorry to hear about your situation i know it aint easy been there ma self in the past think the guys at 18 and under can help out they are rilli good but he will need support to be ready to ask for help it will take time. as long as he has good friends looking out for him it will hopefully work out shows how good of a friend you are helping him out

hopefully will work out for yas both

hey, yeah it is quite difficult.. i have spoken to him and he seems to have calmed down abit now, lets hope he keeps it this way, its the worst feeling ever hearing that from a close friend, im just glad that he is okay now... yeah the guys at 18 and under do sound great.
and yeah me too, thanks, hope things work out for you too:)