18u Message Board

Welcome to our message board. If you need help,or just want to talk to someone you can leave a message here, but please don't give out any personal details (home addresses,telephone numbers).

We will respect your confidentiality unless we we are told about a serious crime or any child at risk Then we might have to talk to someone about it to get help.

18u Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
any1 understand

hi i thought i could just come here 2 talk when i am sad or upset. i dont have no1 2 talk with about things i want 2 talk about. sometimes things get 2 much and i dont cope well. i thought about running away from all the hurt but i no its not safe out on streets either, what do u do when u have no 1 2 talk 2 or turn 2 for help.

Re: any1 understand

Hi Millie,

My name is Jerri and you can talk to me if you want.

You are more than welcome to come on here and speak whenever you want or need to.

There are some people who you can talk to, like Eighteen & Under or any of the workers who post on here, (our email addresses show up at the bottom of our posts).
I know it's a horrible feeling having no one to turn to, but there are people who care and will listen to what you have to say.

You are right about the streets not being safe, but if things are bad at home, there is others things that can be done to help.

Take care,
Jerri

hi jerri thanku for repling. When u say about other things that can help if things are bad at home what do you mean

Hi Millie,

It would depend on whats going on at home. For example, if someone is hurting you, you could talk to a family member that you trust or police to help make it stop?

i dont think i can.

Hi Millie,
I am sorry you are having a hard time right now. Like Jerri said, it often helps to talk to someone about it. There are friendly people at Eighteen and Under that would listen to you and help in any way they can. I agree that the streets are not a safe place, and I would encourage you to see if there is something safer that you can do. That is the kind of thing that Eighteen and Under can talk to you about. There are lots of ways of getting in touch including email, message board, phone, or text.
Take care,
Steph

Hi Millie,

You need to feel ready to talk or decide that enough is enough, like Steph said, talking to people can really help. It can help you know what your choices are and get any information about things you may want to know about, like what would happen if you talked to the police. Talking can also help sort out things for you if everything is just going around and around in your head.
You have the right to be treated properly from anyone and no one has the right to hurt you in any way.
Take care

If i wanted 2 tell you things and ask for your help. how would i do it. i cant email cause they no my password 2 it they would the emails. how do i get in touch with you. i would like 2 no what might happen if i told someone or what my options are

Hiya,

If you cant email, you can chat on here, but if this is too public, you can come and see us? Or phone us?

Take care

thankyou. I want 2find some where else 2stay can u help me

Hiya,

I'll try. Do you want to tell me a bit more about what's going on and I'll let you know what your choices are?

Take care

things happen i dont like and i cant stop it. I want it 2 stop. I dont no how 2. I cant say no moor

Hi Millie,

Thanks for sharing that.

If bad things are happening to you at home, is there someone you can talk to? An aunt you trust? Grandparent or parent? A teacher?

i dont no if i can tell any1 else.

i dont no if i can tell any1 else.

Hi Millie. I'm Katy and I'm a worker at Eighteen And Under. I think you've been really brave sharing what you have with us. I know it's really difficult but the more you speak, the safer you become. Your silence only keeps the people who are hurting you safe. I guess there are loads of reasons why you are scared about telling and I don't blame you. But if you could speak to someone that you trust, like someone here, a teacher, or a relative then they can help to make these things stop. We are confidential here which means that we don't have to tell anyone what you have told us unless you tell us about other young people that are being hurt too. If it's too scary coming here to begin with then one of the workers here could arrange to meet you somewhere else. Or we could maybe arrange to come into your school and offer some support there. You must be feeling pretty scared but you don't have to be scared on your own and there are people who can help you. Let me know if there is anything i can do. Take care, Katy.

ok thanku. I dont no who 2talk 2. I dnt trust no 1 any moor

I understand why you don't know who to trust anymore. Sometimes you just have to take a risk and go on gut instinct. If it helps, check out this website properly, have a look at the who's who etc and decide if this is the place for you. If not then that's ok and we could help you look for other support organisations that might be able to help if you want. I don't think you can ever be 100% sure about anything but i reckon you can more or less be 100% sure that you want to try. You don't deserve to have this happen to you and it is definately not your fault. You deserve to have a good life and talk to who you want to. You might not feel like you have much control over anything just now but this could be something that you can take control over. It has to be your decision though. Katy.

ok i want 2trust u. Is that ok

It's certainly ok with me.

is it ok 2 email u.

Hi Millie,
Feel free to email any of the workers here at Eighteen and Under (Me, Jerri, Katy). At the bottom of our posts there is a blue link that gives you the option to email directly.

Take care,
Steph