18u Message Board

Welcome to our message board. If you need help,or just want to talk to someone you can leave a message here, but please don't give out any personal details (home addresses,telephone numbers).

We will respect your confidentiality unless we we are told about a serious crime or any child at risk Then we might have to talk to someone about it to get help.

18u Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
bullying

i get that people can get bullyed at school but can u be bullyed at home. I get called names and pushed around. I made 2do lots of things at home but no body else has 2do them. I get told how bad i am and that i dont deserve 2be in the family. Is it poss 2be bullyed by your own family

Re: bullying

Heyahh :D!

Yeh you can get bullied anywhere, as i got bullied at home to. its never nice having to do thing's you dont want to and you shouldnt have to. Noone should ever, speaking to someone can help you get out that situation or change it if you want to, 18 and under is a good place to start, theres some nice people their and they'll understand you (they did me) you've already asked for help thats always the hardest bit i know it was when i did it. keep your chin up, your ovbs a strong person to come on here and post so you can get away from someone or the people making you do these things. hope this helps a little. i think you've done really well coming on here and i hope you come back! take care :) nb x

thanks neverbelieve. It is hard because there my family and i just put up with it because of that. I dont no how 2get out of it without getting into trouble. I ran away last month but the police they brught me back home 2days after. My family acted as if nothing happend they act like they cared and was worried when the police were here but when they went it changed. I no u only have 1family i wish mine would love me like they do others.

Heeyaah!
Ye, it's got to be really hard and i wont lie to you, it might feel alot harder sometimes and things might feel worse before they get better, but i bet you can do it, i didn't believe i could but i have, so you can to i promise. Even if it is your family no matter how much you love or care for them you dont and shouldnt be put thru these bad things, they should repect what you want and want to do and not make you do these things. Running away might feel like the best thing to do, but it wont be in the long run, the streets (anywhere) are probaly not very safe and you never know what could happen out there, you don't wanna be alone either do you? the police where just trying to help you when they took you home so no harm would come to you, they wouldn't know harm comes at home unless one day you decide to tell them yourself. Yeh i know exctly how you feel with the last bit you wrote about pretending to care when people where their but when they leave they don't, i had the same life style before, but now i don't need the people who were bad to me, ill take care of myself and i'll learn my own ways and who i really am, thru making my own mistakes, you can do the same! wishing your family would love you wont change anything(if they really dont) maybe they do love you and just don't know how to act or show it? (if not) then wishing wont change it i used to wish everyday, i wont lie sometimes i still wish i had like that mum or dad to love and care for me, but you'll get there like me and learn to not need that and take care of yourself<3 hope your okay! Nbx

Thankyou. I will do what you do and look after myself. I dont mind when they push me around i just dont like the things they say 2me. They hurt more. I guess there right when they say i am there unwanted mistake. I will look after myself from now

Hey, there not right when they say they things, they could never be right about that, i don't know you personaly but i know that by you coming on this website and talking to someone makes you a very strong person, stronger than anyone who hurts you and thats something to be seriously proud off x be positive<3 take care x

thanks for saying that. you said you have been through the same can you tell me how 2get out of it and stop it. after 2day i dont want 2 be here any more. i thought your family were suppose 2 protect you not hurt you but mine i guess are not like that.

Don't have to thank me just saying what i think/feel. Don't give up, your life is worth living, think of what you can do in the future! My family never done those things for me either and tbh that really broke me in peices so i can honestly say that i really do understand how you are feeling so you can trust me. Youve got your whole life ahead of you, right now it may seem hard and there's nothing there, you might feel like your just going in circles i did, but i'm so different now, sometimes i have bad days but i'm getting there, its hard and takes a long time but you can do it to i promise. you have to stay positive though, for yourself nobody else. my email address is at the bottom, so you can always email me but my first step was the same as yours part i didnt write on hear i called 18 and under and got a support worker like person and just spoke to them whenever i needed to, thru email, text, phone, this, and went into visit too, at first talking was so hard so emailing was so much easier then i started to open up more and more as time went on, the people at 18 and under are really easy to talk to, you can trust them, pick who you want to talk to, what you want to talk about, they tell you the truth and they wont lie to you at all, they understand aswell, so many people are and have been thru what you are going thru, is this any help at all? hope so !<3 i cant tell you what to do or how you can do it, everyone is different, but i can listen, youll do it, like i said at the start of chatting, you've already made the first move coming on here!<:D be mega proud of yourself!! keep smiling x

i do hope so. I dont no how but i want to

i tryed doing what u said. i call 18u this morning but i couldnt talk when they answered. i got scared so i put the phone down

Hi lilpop,

I'm sorry you couldn't talk when you called yesterday and that's ok. I think you were very brave for trying. You can always try again if you want? Or keep trying till you feel able? Or you could email a worker if you find it easier to talk by email.
Let me know if there is anything i can do to help, my email address is at the bottom of this post.

Take care,
Jerri

Hi jerri. Thanks. I can try again. Do u think i am being silly saying things about my family and the way they are 2me. I wished i knew why they dont like me.

Hi lilpop,

I don't think you're being silly at all.

Thanks. iam going 2 sort things. i no they r my family but i can look after myself. i dont need them. i decided 2 leave home. i dont want 2 get hurt any more. I have 2 change things

hey you should try calling back, esp if you have decided to leave home, get some help and information on what you can do x

It is ok because i want to leave now

hey, hope your doing okay! i would call or pop in to eau trust me you can trust them.

i thought if i left then everything would be ok but i was wrong. I was made to come home. Iam never going to be able to get away from my family.

hey, if thats what you really want then you will be able to, all you got to do now is call or pop into 18 and under or even email and theyll help you x