18u Message Board

Welcome to our message board. If you need help,or just want to talk to someone you can leave a message here, but please don't give out any personal details (home addresses,telephone numbers).

We will respect your confidentiality unless we we are told about a serious crime or any child at risk Then we might have to talk to someone about it to get help.

18u Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
my family

My mum and dad argue alot. My dad shouts and calls my mum names. Ive seen him hurt her but she lies to people about why she has bruses. Ive asked mum if we can move but she wont. I hate my dad for the way he treats us. I get sent upto my room but i can still here them. My dad is worse when he has been drinking. We all know what happens then. I wished my dad would be different

Re: my family

Hi Kal,

I'm sorry it's taken a while for anyone to reply.

I'm also sorry things are like that for you at home. You did the right thing trying to talk to your mum. Maybe you can keep trying to talk to her? Or do you know an adult who you trust that you can ask to talk to your mum for you?
You can talk to us as well when things are difficult and we'll try help any way we can. My email will appear at the bottom of this message and we also have a freephone number which is 08007314080 (it won't appear on your parents phone bill)
Take care and let me know if there's anything i can do.
Jerri

Re: my family

Hi Kal,
I am very sorry to hear that things are hard at home. If you want to talk to someone about it, there are people here at Eighteen and Under who would listen, and it is a confidential service. Feel free to call (using the number that Jerri gave) or email. It is not easy to deal with this alone, so if there is anyone you trust to talk to, I would encourage you to do so. Again, I'm really sorry to hear about what you are going through.
Take care,
Steph