18u Message Board

Welcome to our message board. If you need help,or just want to talk to someone you can leave a message here, but please don't give out any personal details (home addresses,telephone numbers).

We will respect your confidentiality unless we we are told about a serious crime or any child at risk Then we might have to talk to someone about it to get help.

18u Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Winter

Winter time is upon us again. This weekend, I think, the clock goes back meaning longer mornings shorter days and longer nights. Not only is this a miserable time of the year when we barely see the light of day, but all the old moth eaten jumpers are hauled out the back of our wardrobes.The good things about winter for me are as follows:
Cozy nights with jammies on, old films on Sunday afternoon, still with jammies on, coming home from a night shift putting jammies on, coming home from late shift, and you guessed it, put my jammies on. Hot water bottles, lecky blankets or teddy bears to cozy up to. These are the nicer things on a cold winters night. Best part is when you are lovely and cozy and the wind is blowing a howling gale on the outside. Nice to look at, awful to be in.
Be prepared this winter. Plenty of layered clothing, gloves scarf, hat at the ready. Invest a tenner for pocket warmers.
What do you like/ dislike in winter time? Any suggestions how to cheer us all up? Let's hear it.
Looking forward to hearing from you all.

Re: Winter

I guess if anyone's stuck for idea's for your xmas then...jammies lol.

I love the snow! I think it's great, especially snow ball fights. Also when it snows, everything looks beautiful and fresh and clean. And i get to watch everyone sliding about like crazy, for some reason i never fall so i enjoy that too. However, this winter i am going to be heavily pregnant or just had a baby so i'm dreading this one a bit more than the usual excitement i get about winter. I'm worried about walking anywhere and driving. I think i will just rope Keiran into doing all the driving for me this year or try and convince Laurie that we should get an office jeep, (without it, how else will we be able to do VIP? ).
Also, no snow ball fights or sledging for me this year

Hi jerri, I hope you feel better soon and that your able to rest and I'm sorry. C

Well I hate to be a bah humbug but I hate winter and I don't think there is anything good about it! You are always cold, I always fall, I always get hit (usually in the face) by snowballs (usually thrown by Jerri) and xmas sucks! Roll on Spring :)

im with you Katy! haha i hate the cold xx

WINTER!!!!!!

I love it, it's my favourite season

Likes - the added driving challenge and quieter roads, being able so see when walking thee dog at night (if there's snow) hillwalking and pretending I'm in the arctic :D it's not too hot to do stuff, it's not cold IF you dress appropriately, and lots more

Dislike - the days when you want to drive really fast or go out on the motorbike and can't :(