18u Message Board

Welcome to our message board. If you need help,or just want to talk to someone you can leave a message here, but please don't give out any personal details (home addresses,telephone numbers).

We will respect your confidentiality unless we we are told about a serious crime or any child at risk Then we might have to talk to someone about it to get help.

18u Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
My fault

I talked to two people and now they're ill. I think I made one of them really sick. I should of known that if I talked to them they would get sick and be ill. I think I'm going to loose them and that would all be my fault. I'm scared they are both too sick. I want to take back everything I said. I don't know how I can make everything better because I wish I could. I'm sorry I made them both sick.

Re: My fault

Hi there. I'm sorry you feel so guilty and upset by this. But I can assure you that it is not your fault and that you have not made anyone ill. Sometimes people just get ill and there isn't anything that can be done to prevent it. You should continue to keep talking and not let this put you off. Take care, Katy.

You should be really mad at me. I wish I knew how to make everything ok and then I would do but everything's already been done so I cant stop it. I should of listened. I really don't want them to get ill. I do care about them and I didn't mean for them to have all the bad inside.

There is no 'bad' to pass on. I can assure you that regardless of what you have said it is not why these two workers have been ill. You don't have any control of other people in terms of whether they get ill or not - it's not your fault and there is nothing you could have done to prevent. I am certainly not mad at you. Katy.

How do you know that for definate?

I think Katy's right on this one, as far as I know it's not possible to make someone ill with words, it just doesn't work that way?

Take care

But the bad stuff could make them ill? And why did both get sick at the same time after stuff?

Nope, but I can understand why you think that, depending on what you mean by 'bad stuff'-

If you mean mystical/spiritual/belief then it can't be that, because that only has power over people that believe it has power over them, if that makes sense? So it can't harm any of our workers.

If you mean trauma for the workers being told something quite hard, then it can't be that either, all the workers are highly trained and able to cope.

They just got ill because people get ill, we work in loads of schools so we are always catching colds etc and passing them on to each other. It's natural and fine ;)

What if when someone says that if you talk about stuff then you hurt the person you talked to. It can't all be chance. I'm confused, I don't understand it any more?

Well it's pretty obvious why someone that hurt someone would want them to believe that right?

Human mind is a very clever thing, and it fills in blanks to make sense of the world (like making you think there's a link when there isn't). They are just ill buddy, it is not related to you whatsoever, that's not possible (unless they believed it was possible, but then it would be them making themselves ill really).

So I don't tell? But when I was little I told a friend something and she died and it was because I told her. She got really really ill the next day and went into hospital then she died. I hurt her lots. I didnt want to hurt anyone else. Was it just bad luck that they both got ill so soon after each other and one 1st and then 2nd? Thankyou

Your friend didnt die because you told them something. Its impossible for you to make someone ill in this way. There isn't really any buts or what ifs, it's not possible, noone has the power to do this.

Your Telling the truth and your really really sure?

Hi

Sorry but I've been trying to understand it lots but I don't think I do. If you tell someone something, it sits inside them because they aren't able to tell right, so whilst it's inside it will be making them ill and then bad stuff happens because they were told. If this isn't the way then the bad stuff you tell them will just stay sitting inside them and what happens to it? I'm really trying to understand but I can't because what happens to it, why does it stop and will it get passed on because I always thought it would. I feel like everything I think is wrong, if your right? How do I knowabout everything else I believe? Sorry.

Hi there, my name's Steph and I'm a worker for Eighteen and Under. Just wanted to point out that we have many workers and volunteers who get told stuff all the time and are perfectly healthy, and have been for years. I don't think anyone means to tell you what is a wrong or right way to think about this, but I do think it is good you are asking questions about it, and figure out for yourself what you think. My view is the same as Keiran and Katy's - you can't make someone ill with what you tell them. There are many reasons people get ill, and there are usually good scientific reasons to explain it. Take care.

Hi
It's hard to understand everything. I get so confused sometimes because I don't know what I'm meant to think or what's right. It's like the more I think the more questions I get and then even more confused because I can't work out the answers. Sometimes I get really frustrated Because I can't work it out. Like I want someone to tell me this is how it is and just stop thinking about it and feeling so bad. I guess part of me knows I couldn't of done it even if I feel like I could of really and that's the part that's really confused because if you are all right ( which I guess you probaly all are) then why did I/ do I believe it. Why was I told it and then why would I believe it. Why is it so hard to believe that I never hurt them and when I asked them a long time ago, why couldn't I totally believe that? I feel selfish for thinking I could think I could do it but I feel guilty and sick because I did. I think it's all unfolding itself and as it is the weights getting too heavy so it's collapsing some more. I regret alot of things I e done and I think it all ties into one but if I didn't believe one thing then maybe I would of told and then maybe it would of been simplier and alot would of been different. It's easier to just think one thing I think and then nothing changes really but I guess it's not good because I do want to be normal.