18u Message Board

Welcome to our message board. If you need help,or just want to talk to someone you can leave a message here, but please don't give out any personal details (home addresses,telephone numbers).

We will respect your confidentiality unless we we are told about a serious crime or any child at risk Then we might have to talk to someone about it to get help.

18u Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Embarassed

Hey. Ive seen you guys in school. I was to embarassed to talk to you. You all seem really nice. I'm thinking about leaving home to get away. I dont know this area well. We moved here 6months ago. Could you tell me if there is anywhere i can go so i dont leave with no where to stay.

Re: Embarassed

Hi Amy,

It's good to hear from you.

I'm sorry you feel the need to leave home but maybe before you do anything like that you would like to chat a bit more to a worker from Eighteen And Under. It would be easy for me to say you shouldn't leave home etc. but I don't know your circumstance. If you would like to email me then you can on shauntaylor498@hotmail.co.uk

If you would rather talk to a female then I know my colleague Steph will be sending you a message on this board.

You could also consider popping up to Eighteen And Under @ 1 Victoria Road or phoning us on 01382 206222

Take care and please think about speaking to us before making a decision.

Shaun

Hi Amy, I'm really glad you got in touch on the message board. My name is Steph and I am a worker at Eighteen and Under. I'm sorry to hear that things are tough for you just now. Sometimes talking about it more can help and I am certainly willing to listen. Everything is confidential here, and like Shaun said, you can call or email. My email address is steph.vanderlugt@gmail.com, please feel free to email me.
Take care,
Steph

Hey Amy,

Unfortunately when your school going age it's really hard to leave home, but there are some options about what you can do that would depend on your exact situation. I think the best thing to do is get in touch with us so a worker from here can help you decide what's best for you :)