18u Message Board

Welcome to our message board. If you need help,or just want to talk to someone you can leave a message here, but please don't give out any personal details (home addresses,telephone numbers).

We will respect your confidentiality unless we we are told about a serious crime or any child at risk Then we might have to talk to someone about it to get help.

18u Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
questions why.

why do so many people get abused or hurt in someway? Why is it us that get abused or hurt are scared to tell? Shouldn't we all be able to live a happy life and not have to lock our doors and live in fear of what will happen next. All i need is answers

Re: questions why.

Hi there. My name is Katy and I am a worker at 18u. There are many reasons I guess why people are abused or hurt by others. The thing that stays the same though is that it happens when somebody makes the choice to do so, usually when they have more power than the other person. You should be able to be happy and tell if you want to. It's understandable why people are scared to tell but this is something you do have a choice over. If you want to talk to one of the workers at 18u in confidence then you can phone us or give one of us an email. There are workers on the board who have identified themselves and attached their emails to the bottom of their posts. Take care. Katy.

telling is not as easy as you make it sound. It sounds so easy. What if the abuse has happened for so long and you dont no how to tell or what will happen. What if no one beleves you. Then the abuse will be worse wont it. I have read so much on this site and it makes it sound so easy to make it all stop. Is really that simple.

Hi, There are people who will listen and believe you at eau. It won't be easy to tell but it helps alot, Before you tell you could ask the person your talking to what will happen, there not going to tell anyone unless in certain situations but you could find that all out. There will always be someone at eau who will believe you. I didn't think they would but they do and they will help you. Maybe if you just tell a worker, it might feel your not so alone and Least you'll have someone you can talk with even if nothing else. It will be hard to start off with but it gets easier and helps. C

thanks but i couldnt. i have tried to tell someone before. everytime i go to say something i stop.

Hi,

Thats ok, it took me a long time to email someone too. Would it be a little bit easier to send a email with just hi in it. They don't need to know anything else, you could then maybe just get to know them. Writing is a little bit easier than saying because you can make sure you think what you want to say through and get it to feel ok. It will still be hard and scary I guess but maybe it will be a tiny step just to say hi to someone? Thankyou. C

Hey C thanks. It nice to know people do care. I dont thinkl i will be ever ready to tell. Not even by email. Just saying what i have already was really hard and i delete it so many times before sending. In the end i just quick press post before i get chance to delete it.

Hi,

You did really well though for posting what you have done so. You don't ever really need to tell anyone anything but they could help you with just normal stuff and then you can just get to know someone and trust them a bit and then there's someone who you can talk with and know they will listen and they won't say your wrong or anything. It will be hard and kind of scary but I think it will be better to have someone there to talk to. C

Hi Jessie - my name is Steph and I am a worker at Eighteen and Under. Well done for posting, I'm sure it wasn't easy. Like Katy and C have said, there are several workers here who will listen and believe you, no matter how much or how little you want to tell. My email address is steph.vanderlugt@gmail.com and you can feel free to send me an email. Take care.

Can i email you steph. Are you going to tell if i email you

Hey Jessie - Yes, you can email me. I'll keep everything confidential unless I'm told about a serious crime or another child at risk. Then I might have to talk to someone to get help. Otherwise, everything you tell is kept confidential. Feel free to email any time.
Take care
Steph