18u Message Board

Welcome to our message board. If you need help,or just want to talk to someone you can leave a message here, but please don't give out any personal details (home addresses,telephone numbers).

We will respect your confidentiality unless we we are told about a serious crime or any child at risk Then we might have to talk to someone about it to get help.

18u Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
My friend

i have this friend who likes to talk about guys and flirting and stuff. and she always says about when she goes further and stuff. she asks me what i think and i just shrug it off and ive tried telling her im not the best person to ask. we are closeish friends, i dont have many friends so its only really me and her. i hate talking about this but when she asks if im ok listening to her i always say yes because i dont want to upset her but sometimes it can be really hard. i dont know what to do? im sure its obvious when she talks about it because i get all funny. i dont know what would posess someone to want to talk about that anyway. i know girls are meant to and stuff but why? i dont understand it.

Re: My friend

Hi there,

I think because your friend keeps asking you if you're ok to hear about these things, she'll understand if you're not. It's ok to say to someone, actually can we talk about something else? Or i'm not really comfortable talking about these things to be honest.
She might notice that you get all funny but maybe thinks it's for a different reason so it can be good to just say it plainly.
Does that help at all?
Take care,
Jerri

hi,
yes, thanks for your ideas.

That's ok, if there's anything else we can help with, please just let us know, either on here, through email or you can phone our office.
Take care
Jerri