18u Message Board

Welcome to our message board. If you need help,or just want to talk to someone you can leave a message here, but please don't give out any personal details (home addresses,telephone numbers).

We will respect your confidentiality unless we we are told about a serious crime or any child at risk Then we might have to talk to someone about it to get help.

18u Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Questions that make you think.

Hi,

I'm bored and fed up of playing games/music. Found some questions that make you think about the way people say things.

Why is an alarm clock going "off" when it actually turns on?

If an ambulance is on its way to save someone, and it runs someone over, does it stop to help them?

Why does mineral water that has "trickled through mountains for centuries" go out of date next year?

Why are Softballs hard?

Why does Goofy stand up while Pluto remains on all fours? They're both dogs!

Where in the nursery rhyme does it say humpty dumpty is an egg?

Re: Questions that make you think.

Right let's see ...

Alarm clocks go 'off' because they have been set 'on' a trigger, same as guns.

Yes an ambulance would stop, it would be an offence for the driver not to do so.

Water goes off for 1 of 2 reasons, the first may be the slow breaking down of chemicals from the bottle polluting the water, or more likely it might be that because it is now standing water it may go stagnant, when it is trickling through rock/minerals it is constantly being filtered.

Softballs are soft compared to concrete.

I don't really remember goofy so can't say, my best guess is that Pluto was always drunk?

The implication of the humpty story is that he is an egg, like any great story it has an element of 'audience interpretaion' and mystery.

BOOM

Re: Questions that make you think.

Hi,

That's what I would say too well bar the last three. The softball one I always remember 2 the foam and then a rubber one. The rubber one was ok if it was sort of under inflated guess when it hits you, the air has somewhere to go and takes the pressure. Goofy is one of the charactor where as ploto was a pet so therefore had to be like a real dog. Apparently Walt Disney was afraid of mice anyway. humty dumty, I didn't know just thought eggs were easy to draw and break easily..