18u Message Board

Welcome to our message board. If you need help,or just want to talk to someone you can leave a message here, but please don't give out any personal details (home addresses,telephone numbers).

We will respect your confidentiality unless we we are told about a serious crime or any child at risk Then we might have to talk to someone about it to get help.

18u Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
What's new!

Hey all,

I thought maybe i would do a wee update on things....

Well, I'm back at work, maternity leave is over but i do have my baby son with me.

Steph is off on maternity and has had a beautiful, healthy baby daughter called Eden. She popped into the office on Friday with her husband to show us all Eden, ( i hope i'm spelling that right lol).

Marley and her children have now been coming into the office most days which is noisey, but fun! Marley has also kindly been making lots of food for everyone which she has put in the freezer and if you want any, you just have to pay £1. £1 for your lunch...awesome! Anyone is welcome to any. So far there has been beef stew, veggie chilly and stovies! Thanks Marley for keeping us all going.

Hmm, what else is new? Oh, we have a new worker! Max is now our admin worker. He has been keeping people in their places, (by people, i mean Keiran lol) He has been making sure there is office cover and just generally helping everything run a bit more smoothly, so far he is doing a great job!

We have also had a new recruitment of volunteers. They all came in on Friday and i must say, they were all very nice and positive people. Hopefully they come back though! lol. Anyway, we're gonna get them all trained up and helping us and carrying on the great work. After all, volunteers are the back bone of all our organisations. So thank you to all our volunteers!

Speaking of volunteers actually...Graham Finlay, a long running volunteer and a member of management, is doing a sponsered cycle for 18u. He is going to cycle 174 mile, in 24 hours...on a BMX!! That is an incredible challenge and we are all fully behind him. There is sponser forms in the office if anyone would like to help by gathering sponsers. Every single penny raised will go directly to 18u and helping young people.

I'm not sure there is any other new news office wise, but i was hoping if anyone on here had any news, maybe they would like to share too?

Re: What's new!

Hmm let's see ...

Office wise - me Jerri and Shaun are learning sign language so that we can extend all the services to people with hearing difficulties, we are starting to plan another fundraising party, we now have a punch bag! And there are some crazy plans in the pipeline for an exploitation event but it's top secret for now ;)

Personal - I bought a new project motor bike (meaning one that needs fixed up) last night I went to my mates garage and borrowed a welder and grinder, for those that don't know I am always covered in injuries, any mechanical job I do I always hurt myself, (I even cut my finger last night washing a car!) so I'm not sure I should be using power tools, especially as the bike is in my living room!

I bought loads of books recently to try and educate myself on 2 subjects, the first is how legislation affects prostitution, the second is on ... Feminism!

Good times :-/

aww keiran im sooo jel iv always wanted to learn sign lanuage :) x

So what else is new?

For me there's a couple things, laurie just published another book, and she is carrying the torch tomoro, some american family is visiting, I've just offended loads of people (including them) for no good reason, oh and I bought a truck!