18u Message Board

Welcome to our message board. If you need help,or just want to talk to someone you can leave a message here, but please don't give out any personal details (home addresses,telephone numbers).

We will respect your confidentiality unless we we are told about a serious crime or any child at risk Then we might have to talk to someone about it to get help.

18u Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
just because bad things have happend to me does that make me a bad person?:/

i was abused from my 12th birthday,it was the start of the worst four years of my life, i feel like i've lost everyone, my whole family hate me because of something that happened to ME, which makes me feel like a freak.. i think i am a freak because of what happened to me, nobody seems to be able to help me;/

Re: just because bad things have happend to me does that make me a bad person?:/

Hi Lucy,

I dont think you are a freak but I can understand the feelings behind feeling like it. I'm sorry that happened. There's lots of workers at 18u and they are very good and it's all kept secret unless there's another child at risk. Have a look at the threads, the workers all have emails under their names. Or you can ring which is on the home page 01382206222 or 08007314080. The board is pretty quiet normally :) So it might take a bit for a worker to reply, but if you email or phone someone will reply quicker :)
C

Re: just because bad things have happend to me does that make me a bad person?:/

You are not a bad person. No one had the right to abuse you and your family should have been able to protect you and keep you safe. It's a real shame you are left feeling as you do. Are you safe now?

You are not alone in how you feel and you are not the only person this has happened to. You can get help and support to move on from this. You can write her. You can e-mail or phone or if you let us know what part of the country you are from, we can find out for you what services are out there.

nah course it's not your fault buddy! the fact that you are asking I think maybe you realise that anyway? at least a little?

it's what you do in life that makes you good or bad, not what other people do to you.