18u Message Board

Welcome to our message board. If you need help,or just want to talk to someone you can leave a message here, but please don't give out any personal details (home addresses,telephone numbers).

We will respect your confidentiality unless we we are told about a serious crime or any child at risk Then we might have to talk to someone about it to get help.

18u Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
my living nightmare

i sleep well only to have nightmares of the abuse. I live the nightmare only to wake up and relive it again and again. People's nightmares are just when asleep but mine don't end. I live a life of continuous nightmares

Re: my living nightmare

Sounds like things are really bad just now bud and I hope they get better.

If you want to Email me you are totally welcome to

That sounds really awful for you. How do you get through each day? It cannot be easy. Is there anything at all that gives you any relief from it all? Sometimes survivors of abuse manage to find tactics that help them live with it or distract a little from the memories. Things like using breathing exercises and things to keep grounded in the present time. Talking about it and writing helps some people but not everyone. Thinking of you just now.

i do the grounded thing. My the therepist taught it me well. The medication is suppose to help but as it is real it doesnt. Can't get anyone to understand that. I have huge support in school home therepists and a good friend but what i really need is to be believed not to be told im unwell.

It's hard when people don't listen. I hope things get better soon for you