18u Message Board

Welcome to our message board. If you need help,or just want to talk to someone you can leave a message here, but please don't give out any personal details (home addresses,telephone numbers).

We will respect your confidentiality unless we we are told about a serious crime or any child at risk Then we might have to talk to someone about it to get help.

18u Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
day 4 in the states

today i set my room on fire. but il get to that in a minute!

i started out today by kiltin it up baby! then i grabbed breakfast in the lobby with some weird looks and one scared mother actually moving her kids away from me! i dont think she knew what a kilt is and thought i was wearing a skirt or summit lol!

after this interesting breaking of fast i hit the streets of DC, had a fantastic response with loads of ugly people telling me i looked hot lol! i then booked a hire car for monday and walked around town for 5 hours!

in this time i saw the white house the monument the capitol etc etc and the natural history musuem (boring) and the space and air musuem (wicked!)

o and everywhere you go in america there is a security check in point, this made for interesting explanations of the real skian doo im carrying!

i had lunch in mcdonalds which was an adventure due to gang of kids that thought i was amazing, they were allright but the miccyd's disapointed, it tastes exactely like at home! whats that about!?

i sat down on some stairs in china town to eat it and some people stopped and started talking to me (i was eating! the wee plums.) anyway, more and more people were stopping and hanging about which i atarted getting annoyed at, then i realised i was at a bus stop! doh!!

anyway my feet were killing because of dress shoes so i started heading back to the hotel, i asked someone for directions and it turns i was 4 miles away! TAXI!

so anyway back to the fire. i had been back for a little while and decided to cook some weird US food, only problem is its a stupid US cooker! bla bla degrees farenheight, bake setting broil (not a typo) setting, bla bla bla! i turned it on fiddled with some dials and stuck some food in it.

well and good, fifteen minutes later i went check on it and noticed some smoke, so i thought 'what is this!?!?' and opened the oven. OMG plumes of smoke came out, i mean like clouds! and the bloody fire alarm went off! so i quickly turned on all the fans etc and opened the windows, then waved a shirt at the alarm untill it shut up then covered it with the shirt.

so there i am, standing with a shirt over the alarm windows and curtains all open with smoke around my head when the door goes, did i mention by the way that i was butt naked? so there i am showing america outside my window my er, better side, with the hotel people at the door!

needless to say i quickly covered my scottish pride and reasured the staff that i wasnt burning down the hotel!

lots more i could report for today but i think il leave it at that! another shopping day tomoro. talk then!

big up ya scotland!

Keiran x

Re: day 4 in the states

Oh my god america is going to need therapy once you have left! Im glad you got some heads turned with wearing ur kilt tho lol whats mcdonalds all about tasting the same over there?? bit disappointing id say. can't wait to hear ur stories on monday of ur driving escapades, im sure there will be plenty! im pretty sure im getting the flu which is not the best but me and laura have a working lunch on tuesday - how important are we?! Anyway il speak to u soon - try and not burn down ur hotel room again! Take care x

hey!! i want a working lunch! lol i know i can barely even cross the road here god knows how il drive on it! better say goodbye to my loved ones!!

Kx

goodbye lol.

lol that doesnt include you!