Return to Website

BooksForABuck.com Forum

Welcome to our forum. We'd love to hear about what you're reading, what you think about our reviews, your comments on the latest affordable eBooks from www.booksforabuck.com, books you're reading elsewhere, and the highs and lows of your writing life (for writers, of course).

BooksForABuck.com Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
QUESTION FOR BOOKS FOR A BUCK STAFF!

I have a question about selling my book(s) to you. I tried emailing you guys but no one answered.

1. can i put up part of a book (a few chapters) and get feedback on how people liked it (how many downloads etc)?

2. is there any requirements for length?

3. what kind of protection would i get from people who might try to steal my work? if none can you sugest where to get some?

Thanx in advance...

Dan.

Re: QUESTION FOR BOOKS FOR A BUCK STAFF!

Hi Daniel--

Sorry you didn't get a response from us. I normally respond to everything but occasionally I miss things mixed in with the spam.

1. We don't offer a way of posting only a few chapters for user responses although it is an interesting idea. If you have completed a manuscript, you could query us on your story and see if it meets our needs.

2. We offer 'novel-length' fiction. In general, this means stories of 50,000 words or longer. At this time, we are acquiring romance, mystery, science fiction, and fantasy only.

3. To date, methods of encrypting or otherwise limiting redistribution through software have caused more problems and greater resistance to the ePublishing business than they have been worth. For this reason, we do not encrypt or otherwise 'lock' or eNovels. There is certainly a problem with people 'sharing' eBooks, as there is with sharing music (although to a smaller extent). We deal with this partially by offering a very low price--$1 U.S., by including the Buy Now button in the book itself in case a reader has not bought it, and by only offering downloads to customers who have accessed the download page through the PayPal mechanism.

Again, I'm sorry you did not get a direct response to your e-mail. Best of luck in your publishing career.

Rob Preece
Publisher, www.BooksForABuck.com

Re: Re: QUESTION FOR BOOKS FOR A BUCK STAFF!

Thank you for the information.

I am currently working on three books, (I have many moods during my writing) two sci-fi and a fantasy. all are still only in the "few chapters" stage. once I have them done I will be posting them with you guys. till then....

Dan

Re: Re: Re: QUESTION FOR BOOKS FOR A BUCK STAFF!

Great Dan,

Writing a book is a huge accomplishment. Thousands of people are 'going to write a book some day,' but very few actually accomplish it. Best of luck on your writing career.

Rob Preece
Publisher, www.BooksForABuck.com

Re: QUESTION FOR BOOKS FOR A BUCK STAFF!

Nice post! 그레잇게임This is a very nice blog선시티게임
that I will definitively come back to more times this year!
몰디브게임 Thanks for informative post.적토마게임