Ops Control Database Design Forum

Dunfermline Carnegie Hockey Club Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Media Updaate

Alpha Data Carnegie Hockey Club’s top team finally closed the 2008-2009 league campaign with success at the weekend, when gaining promotion to Scottish National League Division 2, after a dramatic win against Giffnock HC, promotion being confirmed after a penalty shoot-out.

The game was played at high tempo throughout, with Carnegie's preparations paying dividends as they set the tone from the outset, playing the style of hockey that suited, leaving the current Division 2 opposition using counter-attack tactics.

However, despite the pressure, it was Giffnock who struck first with a scrambled goal and went into half-time 1-0 to the good.

As it happened the second half turned into a free-flowing game, Carnegie equalised through Andy Doyle, but quickly went 3-1 down. Carnegie showed true grit and began to dominate again, resulting in pulling back to 3-3 with goals from Gary Clark & Stevie Chalmers.

A chance to take the lead was wasted, when Carnegie missed a penalty, but continued pressure lead to a goal from Andy Doyle and for the first time Carnegie were in front. As the clock ticked down, Giffnock determined to maintain their Division 2 status, pressed and were awarded a penalty, which was converted and at the final whistle the teams were level at 4-4.

Five nominated players from each side took their penalties, the first four from Carnegie all succeeding, Giffnock's fourth was saved by keeper Willie Dunster, leaving captain Craig Duncan to seal victory. Unfortunately Giffnock's keeper saved leaving, once again, the game all square and so to sudden death.

Andy Doyle scored and the pressure went to Giffnock's player and Carnegie's keeper, the latter winning the day with a stunning save and promotion.

Carnegie's Club Captain, Gordon Johnston summed the victory up stating 'A simply outstanding effort from everyone involved within the squad throughout the season, with the focus now turning to next season's Division 2 campaign.'

What is the Ace reporters view of the evolving new web site???

Due to the problems experienced in gaining access, initial views were censored.... However, now the problem resolved, it is looking interesting, keen to see how it improves as season progresses ;-)

Once again I am responsible for press submissions relating to DCHC in an effort to raise the Club's profile & now that my September holiday commitments have concluded am able to concentrate fully on the job in hand...

As in previous seasons, I need the members to assist by providing information, not only on weekend matches, but individual success, youth, veteran et al at District, Regional, National levels.

Print deadlines are important, so would really like to submit an article to Press Editor by Tuesday at very latest, your assistance is paramount.

I can take information by the following routes: -

email - walker89@btinternet.com or
phone - 01383 734282 or if by text - 07891 868112