Ops Control Database Design Forum

Ops Control Database Design Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: General Database Structure

Following our meeting the other week, my understanding is that we are going to run the MS Access database in the background, using HTML forms on the intranet for input and intranet/Access reporting for the output, dependant on requirements.

The stucture of the actual tables, was left on hold pending the return of feedback from the other controllers regarding the content and layout.

To my memory that is the basis of what we came out with and that the next step was to work out a basic project timeline so that we can go back to the powers that be with a provisional 'go-live' date.

Chip in if I am wrong in that or if I have missed something. Cheers.

That too is my understanding. I now have feedback from all the guys with regards to realtime and given that we record RAG changes already they were happy to cut down the fields for input to be time, what has been done, why this has been done and who has done it (which can be automatically pulled). This will cut down tracking significantly hopefully and will also ensure that the WHY is covered which is missing a lot of the time in the trackers. Should help with handovers and GOS reports too. For realtime we also would like to look at ways of uploading relevant topical info eg the ECL SMS time schedules at present. Also discussed was as GOS is already stored if we had a page to enter comments we could automate the GOS report more (although Neil has now automated this) or even display this as a page which updates every 3 hours rather than an email.

WE really need to get a meeting set up and try and get this moving forward. Time just seems to fly by which was teh problem intitially. Don't want us to lose focus and I know there is a lot on but hopefully we can get together or even if you two want to get together.

Agreed. The quicker the better. We need to nail down the general outline and the timescaqles so that we can get down to the nitty gritty part. Since you too are in over the weekend, have a wee chat a decide when is best. I will go with the flow no matter when you decide.