Icelandic Horse Message Board

Message  Board for naturally gaited, naturally trained and ridden Icelandic Horses.

Icelandic Horse Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Icelandic mare for sale

Hard as I try, I find I do not have time for 4 horses, 4 active children, college and a business. So I am selling my 12 year old, sorrel Icelandic mare named Gata (born in Iceland, registered with USIHC). Please note that she was used as a brood mare because of her bloodlines (I can email info), and was not trained until later in life and does not show tolt- since I have had her I have only seen her tolt once and briefly. She has a nice trot though. She has a wonderful sweet, personality- is not afraid of anything- such as bug spray and dogs, she enjoys baths, loves children. I use her for teaching children about horses and that makes it especially hard to sell her- but my horses suffer because anytime I spend is just cleaning the barn and maintainence- by the time all that is done, I have no time for riding, or even just grooming. Anyway, she has good hooves (we don't shoe), is an easy keeper- she is up to date on all shots, has the West Nile vaccine, and just had her teeth floated this spring. I am asking $3800 to an approved, good home where she will get all the attention she deserves and desires. I am in southern Wisconsin and can help with transportation- please email me if you are interested.

Re: Icelandic mare for sale

Where in S Wi are you located? I am located in SE Minnesota and may be interested in looking at your mare.

Re: Icelandic mare for sale

please email photos and also let me know if you have already sold your horse, thanks
kristinlm@gmail.com