Return to Website

GLO's Exposed Discussion Forum

This is the forum area where you can discuss topics related to the Biblical exposure of Greek organizations. All posts are reviewed; if they are offensive they'll be deleted. 

Any copyrighted material contained herein is for: criticism, comments, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. All used in accordance with the Fair Use Exception 17 USC 107. 

GLO's Exposed Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Does the Time Keepers and Scribes Poem have more meaning to it

Question ?
I understand the purpose in History for the Time Keeper and Scribe to record history and date it. But does the poem that most organization run the Time Keepers and Scribes Poem have more meaning to it in other words like giving an oath for example saying that I will be cut from eat to ear. Things like something ticks and tocks to my doom and writing in blood would something like that have more meaning or is it just to create a sense of drama to the poem ?

Can you please give the poem you are talking about? This will help me to answer your question.

Re: Does the Time Keepers and Scribes Poem have more meaning to it

Now I understand the history of how the Scribe must record History and Time Keeper must keep time of events.

I have had interest in the Prince Hall Lodge and someone was going to take me under their wing. I have a lot of family members in Free Masonary. When I heard about blood oaths I was like no big deal. Plus I went to a Free Masonary( White Lodge)and talked to them about both the Prince Hall and White Free Masonary and they told me these things are just to create a sense of drama for those trying to join.

I didn't know until later that when people talk about blood oaths they give Satan Legal Ground to not only attack themselves but their families. I guess this is why God talked about visiting even the third and fourth generation. Meaning having your family put under a curse. So when I had to on one occassion learn the Time Keepers Poem because it is usually in different Greek Orgs the Deuce and the Ace is usually the Scribe I mean I guess it can be the other way around depending the org. But when I learned the Time Keepers Poem I kept thinking heart pulpitations before my doom that means death. Now at first I thought it might be no big deal but I wondered seriously even though you say this in the natural realm could this effect a person in the spiritual realm. Because I heard a Ex-Prince Hall Free Mason on You Tube talk about how if you look at how some of these men who give these oaths and see how some who have died. You would find that the things they say happened to their bodies that way. This is why I was curious about these things. According to some these words are more powerful then what people say poems like invictus so I just wanted to ask about these two poems.

Entered Apprentice --- Fellow Craft --- Master Mason
To achieve each of these levels, one must go through rituals and swear an oath. One such oath is as follows:
"I promise and swear, that I will not write, print, stamp, stain, hew, cut, carve, indent, paint, or engrave any secrets on anything movable or immovable.. binding myself under no less penalty then to have my throat cut across, my tongue torn out by the roots, and my body buried in the rough sands of the sea at low water mark.. where the tide ebbs and flows twice in twenty four hours; so help me God, and keep me steadfast in the due performance of the same"

First Degree, Entered Apprentice Penalty

"…Binding myself under no less a penalty than that of having my throat cut across, my tongue torn out by its roots, and buried in the rough sands of the sea at low-water mark, where the tide ebbs and flows twice in twenty-four hours, should I ever knowingly or willingly violate this my solemn oath and obligation as an Entered Apprentice Mason. So help me God, and keep me steadfast in the due performance of the same."

Second Degree, Fellow Craft Penalty

"…Binding myself under no less a penalty than that of having my left breast torn open, my heart plucked out, and given as a prey to the wild beasts of the field and the fowls of the air should I ever knowingly violate this my solemn obligation as a Fellow Craft Mason, so help me God and keep me steadfast in the due performance of the same."

Third Degree or Master Mason Penalty

"…Binding my self under no less a penalty than that of having my body severed in twain, my bowels taken from thence and burned to ashes, the ashes scattered to the four winds of heaven, so that no more trace or remembrance may be had of so vile and perjured a wretch as I, should I ever knowingly or willingly violate this my solemn obligation as a Master Mason. So help me God, and keep me steadfast in the due performance of the same."

Timekeeper's Poem

I must painfully admit that the inner working of my chronometer is as such that I cannot accuratily decifer the time. However based on the ebb of the tide and the rotation of the sun and moon in heaven above, I can only estimate that it is______________ticks and_____________________ tocks and 2 heat pulpitations before the hour of my impending doom.

Scribes Poem

I must admit that I strive to survive so I may stay alive.

Hoping that my pen does not fail me, and that the blood in my veins does not affect my abilities to transpose your wisdom, I wish to write down the knowledge that you have given me.

Since I have no pin to ***** my finger so that I can write in blood, might I use this pen.

I don't know about Grad Lines but I know that Undergrad they run stuff like these several orgs do.